Wildlife 2 Contest Signups (and Sneek Peek!)

Crusher

Welcome to the signups for the Second Text-Based The Daily Neopets Forums Role Playing Game (TBTDNFRPG)! That's quite a mouthful, so go ahead and call it Mastery of The Arts, or MoTA for short. Firstly, here's a bit of information about the game series. If you can't be bothered reading all of this, scroll down for the guts of it in bold at the bottom, but remember most of the spoilers are in the text! ;)

"Wildlife" made its debut on the 13th of September 2007. Created by Cameron (Crusher) and Theo (AA), the game was hugely sucessful with a total of 10 signups in just one week. It was born from a combination of games, both online and board, including The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Game, Explore!, Bionicle: Quest For Makuta, among others and also a lot of creativity and making-it-up-as-you-go! It allowed players to choose their own animal species from a wide range such as Wild Dogs, Hyenas, Rhinos and Panthers, which had various statistics in areas such as size, speed and power. Each player was also allowed to pick a special ability to help them in the game, such as one which increased damage dealt when hurt. Left stranded on a remote island, all the players knew was that they were questing for ultimate survival.

As the game continued, players began to find that the weekly scenarios were becoming harder and harder, leaving some with confusion over whether to ally or group with others. More characters died and became ghosts, which cursed their former enemies, and blessed those that had helped them. One character, a Rhino, began to slowly dominate the game, but whether or not he will take the massive 75k+ neopoints prize remains a mystery. If you wish to view the contest, the topic can be found by clicking here.

With the birth of a new legend, the story will continue in a far off land, ravaged by warfare. With a new plot, new Non-Player Characters, a whole new script and a revamped fighting system, you can be sure that the gameplay will be exhilerating and fresh. Each of us will be working on different facets of the game, with most of the script to be written by both of us and the two tribes to be mainly worked on by myself and Theo respectively, although we will all have small amounts of input in each job. Your choices will have a direct impact on the whole world of the story, more so than ever before, and how you choose to align yourself may lead to your sucess or downfall.

SIGUNPS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

THE CONTEST WILL BE RELEASED SHORTLY.

* Contestants from Wildlife 1 can all claim a bonus in-game if they signup. These people are: Shattered_Ribbon, Luna, Aang, Strategos, Princess Ruto, Trisha, Boomer, Isabel and penguins.

That's about it!

THE M.o.T.A. CONTESTANTS

CONFIRMED

-> ISABEL a.k.a. Zadue (1 referral!)

-> HAMLADS1 a.k.a. Ash (1 referral!)

-> STRATEGOS a.k.a. Slazator (0 referrals)

-> AANG a.k.a. Parsh (0 referrals)

-> TRISHA a.k.a. Lucky (0 referrals)

-> BOOMER THE SNOWMAN a.k.a. Boomer (0 referrals)

-> 'XEPHA' a.k.a. Nercika (0 referrals)

-> LIVELOVELAUGHALOT a.k.a. BooBear (0 referrals)

-> DOC LOC a.k.a. Doc Loc (0 referrals)

-> *PAUL* a.k.a. Fudge (0 referrals)

-> MYRIAD a.k.a. Azelea (0 referrals)

-> MEEPTROID a.k.a. Dragillion (0 referrals)

-> DOOM BRINGER a.k.a. Slasher (0 referrals)

-> DAWNIE a.k.a. Misty (0 referrals)

-> ROSYFINCH13 a.k.a. Trollhammeren (0 referrals)

UNCONFIRMED

-> PENGUINS a.k.a. Bigfoot (0 referrals)

-> CKAYSER a.k.a. Princess SugarPlum (0 referrals)

-> LUNA a.k.a. Rathunta-Moriath (0 referrals)

-> NEON_HALO a.k.a. Nemuriko (0 referrals)

-> PRINCESS RUTO a.k.a. Sahetow (0 referrals)

-> SHATTERED_RIBBON a.k.a. Twilight (0 referrals)

-> JENNIFER a.k.a. Jennifer (0 referrals)

-> NIKI a.k.a. Hana (0 referrals)

-> CITTA a.k.a. Attic (0 referrals)

-> VIXIE a.k.a. Vixie (0 referrals)

~Cameron~

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will join and I shall be called Slasher. This contest looks fun :D

Hmm... *starts to think of various impossibly hard scenarios to throw at the contestants*

8 minutes in and we've already got 10% of our goal o_O. Hopefully it keeps up at this speed! Thanks djtom111 ;).

~Cameron~

You can call me DJ or Tom ;) . From what I've seen from the old Wildlife thread, this looks like its going to be fun :D

Thanks Tom ;). It'll be even better this time, but it's about a month away because we're actually going to organise it all this time instead of coming up with it as we go and hoping it ends up alright!

~Cameron~

Oh, it will be. We'll make sure of that. This time around, your relations with your team will be crucial, or you'll just get killed without you even knowing by who. This is going to be awesome, we just need a bit of time to get it up and running, so hopefully the hype isn't dead by then >_<. Thanks ckayser! That's three down...

~Cameron~

I want to sign up! ...What? I can't? This bites! Just because I'm helping to run it, I can't participate? Well, just for that... Nuts to you!

Okay, I'm done with that crazy bit. While I may be helping with the next contest, I'm participating in the current contest. And, no, they don't give me special privileges...

I must say, everyone will enjoy this version much more than the last, or my name isn't Tim. What? It's not Tim? Huh, go figure....

Why not- yay again- are our health points renewed though?

Yes - since this is essentially a new contest, your health points are renewed.

That makes 7 participants on the first day. Our goal was a total of 20, and there are still two weeks to sign up. I have to admit that this looks promising.

Hi! can i join as Ash ?

this looks like a lot of fun from what i looked at of the other one

referred by the evil guy

Thanks Tom ;). It'll be even better this time, but it's about a month away because we're actually going to organise it all this time instead of coming up with it as we go and hoping it ends up alright!

~Cameron~

Oh lucky me, a month away is exam time..

But I'm still going to join. Who needs brains? *cough* (Has lost in almost every contest) *cough* <_<

Name: Twilight - (Here's a short, made up on the spur of the moment description) Friend of Eclipse, who has perished in Wildlife 1 and is in the state of a zombie at the moment. Is taking her place here in Wildlife 2. x3

I referred myself into this game. Does that count as an extra bonus? =P