I have a Question

It seems an incredible amount of people have over 1 million Neopoints. I was just wondering if you have 1 mil NP, How long did it take you to get there? Also, tell me if you got rich quick by selling an item you got in a random event/prize from a game.

Another thing that bugs me is how often do good random events happen to you? The last good random event I got a week ago was "someone hands you a piece of a map" it was a worthless petpet lab map piece, and the most rare item I've gotten from a random event was a codestone. I play a lot every summer too(at least an hour a day almost two). I think its just that i have rotten luck with literally EVERYTHING!

The third and final thing I need to know is what is the rarest Item you've ever gotten and how did you get it? Mine was a Yellow Kau Morphing potion I got from the Wheel of Excitement back in 2001 when i started playing. It sold for about 29,000 Which is also the most expensive item I've ever had.

I just wanted to know if I am alone. :crying:

No your not alone... but I dont play games.

The most expensive Item I have is either the Starry Paint Brush or Lab Map.

Well, first... I'm a neomillionaire! *nods*

I can't really say how much time it took me to get my first million, because I spent for the secret lab before acheiving it... The first million is the hardest to achieve... after it's easier. I don't know why. ;P Mainly, I get my points with games... a bit from sniping items in user shops and selling them for more, and a bit from the stock market (this is really good for lazy people, you just have to wait for your stock to raise!)

My very best random event, that I remember, is to find a lutari talisman bead on the floor! It happened this year, on lutari day! (I still have the bead! Save keeping :D)

I don't have random event often, and usually they aren't good. Like a ghost stealing nps, the pant devil stealing my items, a spider on the page... those kind of thing. I don't have faerie quests often neither.

One thing I can tell you... luck isn't true luck on computer. It's all maths... Noticed how the time is playing a role in most dailies... The numbers of time you refresh neopets is also acting as a luck factor.

I had 1mil + until Tuesday when I bought a ZDAP and now I have less than 500k :D . When I sell the ZDAP then I'll be back up there.

The most expensive item I've EVERY had was my Cyodrake (Oh $at@n [satan] I miss you) which sold for 2mil at the time... I bought it for about 100k so I was happy (it was as old as my Hornsby :yes: and I had him when the Cyodrakes won the PPL - TWICE!)

Right now the most expensive item is the ZDAP and after that, probly the Lab map.

It took me a LOOOONG time (5.5 years) to get 1mil since I was an idiot and bought a ton of stamps for my stamp album and didn't realize they didn't come out (on my old account so they can't even get my main account an avatar :angry: ). I also spent about 750k-1mil on my gallery (everything ever given out by the advent calendar)

...and a bit from the stock market (this is really good for lazy people, you just have to wait for your stock to raise!)...

Lazy = me. I sold a stock for 200% of what I bought it for the other day... just randomly went in to check and there it was - lots of Nps. Other than that, I play games like mad and I try the "40k in a Day" guides every once in awhile but I never stick to them.

My best random event is probably lab map pieces (I made over half my lab map with them) but that doesn't happen often. I've been told that you can send Neogreetings about 500 thousand times now.

Someone randomly gave me a Fire Grarrl Trans potion and a Kyrii one (don't remember what it was) for helping them with the Altador plot a lot. I used one and sold the other (yay Grarrl!)

I find that hording all the random items you find/buy/think-are-cool in your SDB then months down the road doing a big purge and selling them all helps. Sometimes your collection of cool green coloured items can sell for more than you paid and fast if someone is doing what you did and collecting them. Make sure to start a topic in the Shop/Trad/Auction boards when you're doing a purge, lots of interested people there.

I am about 50K from 2million-- Hoping to get it by the end of the month.

[edit- 8/13/07]yeaah! hit 2mill today and am at about 2,030,000 ish thanks to selling stuff in my SDB! yay![/edit]

It took me a long time to get my first million, when I first started playing (6 years ago) I was 10 and had no real concept of the game or np or any of that stuff. The most I used to have was 100K maybe /shrug. Then about 3-4 years ago I got into the whole buy cheap sell high deal. That worked for a little while.. made 200K or so. (back when people used to put faeries in the shop wiz for 400-500 nps, lol).

I made most of my NPs from games though, and winning things. I've gotten quite lucky with the WoE[Wheel of Excitement]... I've won 10K from that thing numerous times, along with the FM[Fruit Machine] and scratchcards. I've sold paintbrushes I've won through those as well. I've gotten 3-4 pbs from the FM which have made me a pretty penny.

The most expensive thing I sold was 250K I think. It was one of those items from the Limited Too promotion (with the codes).

As for the rarest thing I've had... I'm not sure... probably the full lab map (which I bough back in '04 or something for 97K).

I hardly ever get random events that are good, lol. I get tons of the ones where something takes my money or items or makes my pets sick or something. I used to get more lucky random events but not so much now.

I've never had a FFQ, which is what I really want.

Got a labmap piece yesterday. Worth 40k or so.. Sold it in about ten minutes. That's been my best so far. I'm not a millionaire. I'm stuck at around 70k, Everytime I make any money I spend it on Dubloons to train my Kyrii, but I think I'm gonna max his stats at forty and start saving for my mill. I made a cool 23k on the stockmarket yesterday too but I didn't reinvest yet so...

I've never had a paintbrush, but I want one so bad its not even funny. A faerie one. Not for me understand. My wife has an account too, and she would love a faerie pet. I saved up and spent nearly my whole bank account on a faelie petpet for her. No biggie, I recouped it in a couple of days hard work.. hah. My plan is to save up like crazy and then hit the trading post... (Anyone fancy making me a deal.. I'll gladly do anything you wish for the PB...!) Erm... Thats all.. Got a little off topic there...

No luck over here, best random event was me getting the Ghost Lupe to heal all my pets to full health after Snowie thought I would look better covered in frozen shards of doom. Most expensive item I've held was the Tonu Transmogrification Potion I used immediatley upon receiving and I'm so happy with my new Tonu. Most expensive item I've been able to sell so far was a Plushie Desert Paint Brush for 9k, pretty low but it was high for me as my next highest were two Bottled Fire Faeries for 5k each. I'm a big fan of selling low because I figure NP doesn't matter as much to me except for when I get started on training or collecting more LD Team stuff from Y8. Highest NP I've had was 180k, then I plummeted after spending 110k on the potion and have been getting back up ever since with loads of games and good fortune on the scratchcards and wheels netting me NP or stuff to sell. I don't have a clue when I'll hit 1 mil, but my ultimate goal is to just get decent in the battledome with my Tonu and fetch a lot of good items from Fishing.

As of today I have 3.6M in the bank. Of course, the Pirate Paint Brush that I'm saving for has gone up to 5.5M now, so I still have a long ways to go. *sigh* My account is almost 28 months old, but I've only been actively playing for the last half of that. I'd say I've really been saving in earnest for about a year. The people who've said it's easier after the first million are right on -- it took me forever to earn that first 1M (especially since I bought most of the Secret Lab Map pieces along the way) but after that it's gone a lot faster -- probably because by the time you've made the first 1M, you should have figured out what games you're good at, what things sell well when you restock them, etc.; so you can be more efficient in your NP-making efforts. I wouldn't say I "got rich quick" by selling items, exactly, but I did make quite a bundle once I had the SDB avatar and sold off all the stuff I'd been hoarding. Most of it was crap, of course, but even 1NP items add up if you sell tons of them. I also had a few pricey items, several from rare item codes from the real-life TCG and a couple rare Spooky Foods courtesy of the Test Your Strength game. Well, and I have had two expensive items that I sold on the Trading Post. So, come to think of it, I guess I have made quite a bit with items. On the other hand, I don't count on that kind of income because it's not reliable -- who knows when or if I'll have more good items, you know? So I always try to bank 10K-20K a day from the games; that much is easy to make quickly, and it adds up eventually. And the best advice I ever heard was on a petpage devoted to helping people make NP; that said, basically, pick a goal and stick to it. Whatever it is you're saving for, save for *that* and *that alone*, and once you put money in the bank, don't touch it until you're ready to buy what you're saving for. If you need extra cash for something specific, like a faerie quest or something, make it by playing extra games if you have to; but don't touch your savings. That advice is what's really helped me to save up what I've got.

As for luck...mine's pretty weird. I'm generally extremely unlucky; but I'll go for a long time where my luck will be horrible, and then suddenly have a few days where insane good luck comes and whacks me on the head. For example, I didn't win anything, ever, from the Fruit Machine for a year or so, but in the last couple months I've won a big prize several times. And once I didn't have a single Faerie Quest for several months, but then got two Space Faerie quests in the same week. Though, maybe it's just me, but it seems like random events in general have gotten a lot sparser lately, and I've mostly been getting the useless or bad ones. But...*shrug* all I can say is, be patient and don't get too discouraged; eventually your luck will improve, mine always does -- and if mine does anyone else's certainly can. :P

Finally, most expensive items: like I said, I've had two big-ticket items that I sold on the trading post. One was a Silver Brightvale Job Coupon that I won on the Wheel of Knowledge; it sold for about 120K. The other, the most expensive item I've ever owned so far, was a Kauvara's Potion that I won for getting second place in the Caption Contest -- it sold for 600K plus an item worth another 90K or so.

Anyway, you're not alone, because everybody's been in the same place at one time or another. Your luck will improve eventually, and after that it's just a matter of a little work and saving. Good luck, I know you can do it! :)

I have never had a million. The most I've EVER had was about 700k. The best item I've ever found is a lutari bead. I was really excited when I found it. :D I sold that for a good 200k. Mainly, the only random events I get are those worthless ones, like the bad dream one, and the monocerous. Sometimes I'll get lucky and find some neopoints on the floor, but not often.

*laughs hysterically at pun* When I bought that lab map, it costed me my entire savings. Now the price has gone up 100k, and the ninth piece seems to be missing. What luck! :D

I've got nearly 3 million now, as well as a fair bit in the Stock Market. Of course I'm saving for Adam so I'm still a long way off! My account's about 60 months old, but I stopped playing for a couple of years in the middle of that. I made most of my NPs in the last year or so.

My best random event was a faerie giving me a Petpet PB. I've had a few expensive things, like morphing potions and paint brushes but they were mostly brought or traded rather than won. I did win a Tyrannian PB from the Wheel of Monotony once, that was cool. I've currently got three paint brushes in my SDB, I'm waiting for them to inflate again.

As for luck, I'm not particularly lucky really. I've saved pretty much everything I've ever gotten in over 5 years on Neo and it does add up. Most of my NPs come from playing games (I'd recommend finding 2 or 3 games you can get the max 3k NPs from everyday it adds up) and a little from my poor attempts at restocking. If you're looking for RE I'd say play Cliffhanger to the maximum everyday because you usually get heaps of stuff when you're playing that.

But yeah, as someone else has already said - it does seem to get easier after the first million so good luck! Its always useful to have a goal too, as it stops you splashing out on stuff you don't really want.

Well it seems like I'm the one in here who've ever had the most NP....

About 2 months ago I finally reached my goal of SAVING for the adam avvie, which is about 11+ mill! - and before you ask, no I haven't got the NP anymore, I'm currently at about 500K since I spent most of it on books and gourmets for my pet. I managed to get her a Honorary Book Award, and she's still well up the list :D.

Most of the adam NP was earned through game-playing (I make about 40K a day, 15 of which goes to investing in the stock market). The last couple of millions was almost solely from my Stock Market earnings, I made more than 1 mill profits in a month just on the stock market! Once you get a decent sized port you will earn lots!

I generally have 'dry' periods for RE, and then suddenly once in a while I might get several faerie quests in one day (4 is my record). The best RE I got was getting a lab map, but I also tried getting a Silver Job Coupon (120K) from WoK, and a Lemwart Fizz (170K) from the Kelp restaurant.

The most expensive item I ever owned was a Mystery Island Paint Brush which I bought for about 1.6 mill and used to paint my uni :D

I'm a few K away from having 2 million right now.

I usually make about 20k per day on games and 30k with sponsor links. Plus I'm a magnet for random events - I got almost my whole secret lab map through random events and get at least one codestone per week through random events. I have no idea why or how I get so much o_O

The most expensive item I've ever had was a darigan paint brush, which I gave to one of my neofriends for their birthday. That took a lotttt of saving.

My advice for saving a lot of NPs is to totally devote yourself to it. The cheapest way to feed your neopets is through the Neolodge, so my pets have been staying there for the past two years. They all still play with the Blue Ixi plushie that I got in my newbie pack... so basically all my NPs go into the bank. They accumulate fast ;)

Anyways, good luck with saving!

I've been playing Neopets for a little over 7 years now. The most Neopoints that I ever had at one time was 300k and I bought a secret lab map set with it (which is ENTIRELY a waste of money, I don't even use it anymore). I also bought a darigan paint brush and painted my eyrie... then the lab ray zapped him (I accidentally hit the Tab button while I was on the page) and changed him into a brown lenny. The only advantage of having a brown lenny, is that I can use the "I <3 Captain Scarblade" brown lenny shop keeper thing in my shop...

Not only that, the highest level of my 2 pets is 19 and the other is 10. I spent most of my earnings on exploding snowballs when I battled...

I really don't care about neopoints anymore. I mostly give my valuable items to my younger sister who just started playing. She has more fun than I do. I'm just into the Neopian Stock Market more than anything.

[EDIT: I would use my lab map IF the pound was open. Normally I would adopt a good-named pet and use the lab ray to make it unique and then I'd put it back into the pound for other players to get.]

Wow, that's a really kind gesture out of you Tretlan. I have trouble finding much kindness anymore, but that is one of the sweeter acts I've ever heard people doing. I may end up doing that as I think having three pets isn't of much use anymore since I may just end up turning them all into lab pets. But my luck is improving, just a few minutes ago when I booted up Volcano Run II I got a Tai-Kai Codestone and a day before I got a Petpet Lab Piece. Small stuff, but I very much love it. Now if only I could stop landing on the beast on the wheel of monotony and hit the Tyranian PB already, I'd be set. Currently aiming for either a petpetpet of some kind or a Hissi Morphing Potion, but neither is super high on my list so I may just aim for a million if school doesn't interfere with those plans. Currently at around 120k so I have a ways to go, but maybe my luck will stay.

Wow, that's a really kind gesture out of you Tretlan. I have trouble finding much kindness anymore, but that is one of the sweeter acts I've ever heard people doing...

I'm not the first person to do such a thing :* . I heard of doing so from another help site and I was like, "Hey, it won't damage my pocket if I do that too!" Now, what you REALLY do, is leave an inexpensive petpet on the pet you are going to put in the pound (I'd say under 5k). That would really get a newbie excited for their first pet.

Ah, I'd never heard of it before. The petpet idea is really nice too, maybe give someone an extra newbie pack petpet or maybe a more common but still very good petpet. Now all I need are the actual lab map pieces, the pound to re-open and slightly deeper pockets. Maybe I'll throw a Scarab Ring and a few Snowballs on it too to help them out a bit more.

They're around 2k or so, that was what I got mine at.

I am currently at: 8,000,000 NP! If I counted my items...(my precious PBs...) I'd probably have more than 10 million

I would credit both scorchy slots and the stockmarket for my success :P

I NEVER get random events :P

In the beginning I only had about 1k. After that, I kept earning and I made about 100k. My friend quit Neopets and he sent me all of his items and all of his nps! Unfortunately, I was still a newbie when that happened and I lost it all except for one item and 200k. So I had to start from 300k and earned my way to millions. I played a lot of games, I got into restocking (got bored afterwards), then I learn about the stock market and that's what I do most of the time. Just play games, and sell the stuff I get from random events or plots, and the stock market. Oh yes, I also collect my interest daily and that helps XD.

Right now, I would recommend following the TDN 40k a day guide. In a month, if you are a good player, you will have more than 1 million nps! If anything, using that technique, it might take you 2 months to earn that if you are bad in the games. It really takes you about 1-2 hours of your time a day. If you are very bad with one of the games on the list, try replacing it with another game you like. If you earn 40k a WEEK, it will take you like 6-7 months to earn a million from games. If you do get 40k per day, in 8 months you'll have more than 8 million nps.

In the end, it also depends a lot on your time and skills. Some people get their millions just from random events because they're lucky at that, but they cannot get those millions from games. While others are very lucky in games, but not on random events. So in the end, it really is about finding what you are lucky at. Find your skills and you'll find success!

• 1 year later...

hey, i'm a neomillionaire, currently I have 3.1 mill.

I notice games help ALOT, i'll easily get about 30K a day with these, games like nimmos pond or something like that help. but what I recommend is self control, it's easier said then done, I used to have a hard time with it and spend my neopoints on a PB or something, I would even use it I just wanted to own it, then i'd try selling it and get less then I spent for it.

and put everything in your bank, protect that, I try not to flaunt what I have on the boards, I don't want to become a target for some hacker. though it's wrong and it shouldn't be that way.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephanie* if you have any questions regarding this action.