Favorite Form of Self Care?

Naamah D.

What is your favorite form of self care? I’d have to say that hair care is my favorite. I cut my hair short recently and I have a pretty solid routine.

I wash my hair every other day and only condition my ends, let it air dry and comb to make it all nice and fluffy! I don’t use product. I find that skincare is my 2nd favorite.

P.S. 

377E3401-08E4-4A4D-BB21-4A94FECDB554.jpeg

I love that!

For me it's cooking for myself, for sure. Sometimes it sucks to be hungry and tired and still have to make something, but sitting down to my own food feels like the ultimate self-care. It's like a, "Thanks for looking after me, Body! Here's your reward." Feels like the food is almost more nourishing that way haha

Is that cheesy?

I love changing my hair colour to suit the challenges I'm going through. I have medium dark brown hair and am no stranger to bleaching my hair and going platinum blonde.

A couple of years ago during the pandemic, I bleached my hair and colored it purple with blue underneath and blue highlights. I wanted to show my fun colourful side. Last year in January I coloured my hair the blackest shade I could. I did this to show the darkness I feel on the inside. It was a great way for me to work through my struggles and start to heal. It's still a process, but this change helped.

This may not be your general form of self-care, but I enjoy gaming with many friends online from across the globe. Chatting together and working as a team helps me to escape all the drama I have going on and gives me some socialization. If I'm unable to do this, I start to go to the dark place. It's not so much missing the game but missing the comradery.

My ultimate favourite form of self-care is a long hot shower!

On 10/30/2023 at 2:48 AM, Singledwish123 said:

I love that!

For me it's cooking for myself, for sure. Sometimes it sucks to be hungry and tired and still have to make something, but sitting down to my own food feels like the ultimate self-care. It's like a, "Thanks for looking after me, Body! Here's your reward." Feels like the food is almost more nourishing that way haha

Is that cheesy?

Not cheesy, at all. I love cooking too and thanks! I feel like self care is something that I didn’t do for a very long time. Now I’m taking time to put on makeup, get my hair cut (I’m keeping it short and “floofy”) and coordinate an outfit.

When I joined this forum I was a total tomboy, so it’s cool to see my evolution from Mallgoth and Emo to not being afraid to wear Tommy Hilfiger and J.Jill. I still love black, though. 

Sorry, I get a little carried away.