Tell me how this works

queenofthebats

Almost two decades ago I was still in possession of my original neopets account. On it I had a halloween ixi that I loved soo dearly. She was my first painted pet after I got my first paint brush at the fruit machine. Unfortunately, I was a bad kid on the neoboards and that account ultimately got frozen. Some time later I find that another account is in possession of my halloween ixi! I assume my pets were just sent off to the pound when my account was frozen. Being a dumb kid I neomailed the user and begged for my neopet back, to no reply of course.

To this day that user still has my ixi. I would check on her from time to time, and eventually found that her new owner's account is now frozen too. However, she remains chained to that account. Why wasn't she sent to the pound when their account became frozen? Do I have to wait for their account to be wiped, and when it is, will she be sent to the pound or simply deleted?

In the mean time I have a new halloween ixi that shares her name (with some vowels switched around), and I occasionally search again for my original ixi and lament.

It could not have been stolen, I remember her being in my account the day I was frozen. As for recreation, I find it unlikely. The name I gave her was a nonsense name I made up, I don't find it likely someone would have named her the same thing AND she would have been same color same species.  She also had her same petpet on her that I had originally given her. I don't think someone could have named her the same thing as my pet anyway, as my frozen account had not then been wiped from the database. 

Now I'm just even more confused as to what could have happened...

Regardless, I guess that means there's no hope for getting her back. 😞

Regardless, I guess that means there's no hope for getting her back.

I have adopted a lot of pets from the Neo pound and The Lost and Pound for zapping purposes.  This only happened to me once but a couple of years ago I got a message from another member telling me a story about how when they were younger they pounded their pet and was sorry they had done so and I had that pet and would I be willing to return it to them. I had zapped the pet into some different species and color but they told me that I actually had zapped the pet into it's original species (something I didn't know). I did though have it another color. Anyway, they didn't care, they liked the new color and so I returned it. I checked on the pet for several months and it was being taken care of so I moved on. Maybe someway, someday  this pet will get back to you. I'm not sure but when an account is frozen is it frozen forever?  Maybe keep checking and the impossible will happen. 

17 hours ago, granny63020 said:

I'm not sure but when an account is frozen is it frozen forever?  Maybe keep checking and the impossible will happen. 

I definitely will keep checking on her! 😊 I've done it for years now, and I guess the only thing that will stop me is if she really does get wiped for good.

But that's awesome you were able to return that person their pet!! I'm sure you made them so happy!

1 hour ago, queenofthebats said:

I definitely will keep checking on her! 😊 I've done it for years now, and I guess the only thing that will stop me is if she really does get wiped for good.

But that's awesome you were able to return that person their pet!! I'm sure you made them so happy!

I was glad they asked me. Way to often people are afraid to say things thinking feelings will be hurt. If you don't ask then you will forever have an answer of NO. It was just a coincidence that I zapped the pet into the original species. Had they asked and told me it was a so and so species I would have turned it back into whatever it was originally, I was just lucky lol. I try not to be a selfish person. I am a zapper for the guild I belong to (The Kindness Project) TKP for short. I am always on the lookout for species and dream pets that others want. I do my best to fulfill their wishes, members and non members. So, if I can be of help to you (I know it isn't your baby) with another pet that you may want please let me know so I can see if I can help or not.