Flash Games not Loading

ginnypearl

Ok, i have been scouring the internet looking for help on this but the closest i could find were older forums for a different website entirely (which, ofc was the fix of "oh disable ruffle and just use the site's loader, which wouldn't work for neopets obviously)

A majority of the old flash games will not load on firefox. i've done EVERYTHING i can possibly think of client side, including: turning hardware acceleration off, disabling my ad block, adding the ruffle client-side plugin/add-on for firefox, updating firefox, restarting both the browser and my laptop, logging in and out of neopets, doing the "Refresh a different neopets tab" trick, and nothing. Just shows a black screen after the ruffle loading screen. It's not even like a "oh it loads slowly" it doesn't load at all, no visuals, no sound. The only thing i haven't done is empty my cache, because if that doesn't work, it would still affect kass basher, and while it's not too tedious to get back to having the bat unlocked, it'd still be frustrating as all heck to loose progress on one of the few games i can still play.

The games worked, if a little messy, just the other night (for example, i could play ice cream machine but all the text was "undefined", same with snowmuncher, but all the buttons worked and so did cheat codes, like "strawberryvanillachocolate" on ice cream machine)

The games that are broken on firefox seem to work on chrome, but i absolutely hate chrome and dont want to have both firefox and chrome open at the same time just to be able to play neopets games while listening to videos. "just switch to chrome" isn't really a good option.

I messaged neopets support about this as well too, but im not sure if they'd be able to do anything about this? But i figured it'd be better to let them know about this issue than just not be able to play some of my favorite games from childhood.

The only games i've gotten to work on firefox are: Kass Basher, Faerie Bubbles, Freaky Factory, Web of Vernax, and Suteks Tomb, not counting the HTML copies of games that dont work via flash, like destructo match, or the old html in-tab games like dice-a-roo and scorchy slots. It is legitimately easier to list which games WORK than which ones DONT.

Has anyone else been having this issue?? Does anyone else know how to fix it??

Ice cream machine broken.png

Edited by ginnypearl
Added info

Is it possible you have an add-on or extension that's blocking it from loading? I don't blame you for not wanting to use Chrome. I'm a Firefox user as well and when I have to use Chrome for certain things it irritates me.

I hope you get this issue figured out!

1 minute ago, Mouseykins said:

I don't blame you for not wanting to use Chrome. I'm a Firefox user as well and when I have to use Chrome for certain things it irritates me.

LOL I am a Chrome hater as well. FireFox all the way!

Just now, Mouseykins said:

Is it possible you have an add-on or extension that's blocking it from loading? I don't blame you for not wanting to use Chrome. I'm a Firefox user as well and when I have to use Chrome for certain things it irritates me.

I hope you get this issue figured out!

No actually! All i have is u-block and ruffle turned on, and during one of the "will this work?" tests i had no add-ons turned on! super irritating ;w;
i also hope i can get this figured out, or maybe support will see my message and be like "oh actually there was this little bit here that was blocking that" somehow (doubtful, but hey i can wish)

Sadly it seems like i really am stuck to just, kass basher, HTML destruct-o match, and the in-browser games rn (faerie bubbles doesnt work as smooth as i had remembered and im not very good at the handful of other games i do have access to ;w; suteks tomb isnt that bad though)

weird, I use Opera and most games (i tried) load for me, but a few also haven't worked.
for example snow muncher worked fine for me, buttons and sending score.
but shenkuu tangramm and snot splatter didn't load, i was left with a white screen.

i noticed some of the games that didn't work for me were also not showing up in the A-Z full list of games, could it be a few old flash games simply aren't converted? though i don't know why ice cream machine wouldn't work for you then

sorry i have no advice, i'd just also like to know where the issue lies

9 hours ago, iloveeevee said:

weird, I use Opera and most games (i tried) load for me, but a few also haven't worked.

Is Opera on the same type of OS as firefox?
so far from what i've seen im one of the only people experiencing this issue but it could be that not as many people use firefox like i thought

14 hours ago, WhitmoreRabbit said:

I suddenly started having this same issue, but on Chrome. It's expecially annoying since the games were loading just fine earlier today. I have no idea what could have caused it.

Honestly im wondering if them doing back-end stuff for the plot starting on tuesday  (a(highlight for spoiler?? i dunno if it counts as a spoiler, i read it on twitter) might be affecting how games are loading? it could be tiny back-end updates somehow causing games to load all wonky and weird on multiple different browsers, even with ruffle.