Grey Box ONLY on Games?

ska6487

Iv'e tried lot of things, but specifically the flash games don't work? I always get a grey square, my flash is up-to-date, I cleared my cache, nothing seems to be working. And it's only the games that are affected, everything else flash based works fine like games and shops and everything else. Just the games page. And I have it set as allow, I'm not sure what's wrong?

Which ad block plugin are you using? The issue seems to be ad block related. If you disable your ad blocker, the games will load, but the ads almost make them unplayable. I was using Ad Block Plus, with Firefox. I switched to uBlock Origin, and the games load fine, and the ads are still blocked. If you look on the "Games" and "Help" Neoboards, there should be posts about creating special filters/allow lists for "Playwire", which will, then, allow the games to load.

Here is a link to a Neopets petpage, explaining how: http://www.neopets.com/~Urbitin#flash

And here is another:
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=fedorahead

(It's in the top, left corner of the page).

On 11/28/2020 at 7:07 AM, GillyTook said:

That fixed it.  Any idea if it is a neopets thing (they got irritated that people are using blockers, sort of like yahoo mail's nagging) or if it's an adblock plus thing?  

It doesn't seem to be a "Neopets thing". I "heard", on the Neoboards, that, it appears "Easy List" updated their filters, and the filters now block "Playwire". Playwire is an ad provider Neopets uses.

That's. . .  weird.  I wonder why it blocks the game itself versus just the ad.  It seems to manage everywhere else.  *grumbles about how she was born in the wrong century with her understanding of how technology works*  I swear, by my technological ability you'd think I was like 90 or something.