Transferring Neopoints to my main account

thataverageneopet

So, I know cheating is wrong on neopets and I personally don't do it. Just wanted to state that fact. Okay so my problem is that my sister decided that she no longer wants to use her neopet account. She transferred the neopets that she painted to a friend and being her sister she wants me to have the neopoints. Though I have had my account for over 10 years at this point and can't get it shut down. What do I do? I didn't play the games and do the dailys to bring it to a main account, my sister had her own and now she wants me to have her points. Is that still against the guidlines? I wasn't the one doing all the games so I wouldn't be able to be called for cheating would I? I know none of you probably work for TNT so you probably don't know the exact answer but some advice or anything would be good. Thank you!

Gifting isn't against the rules of neopets so in abstract terms you should be fine. It would be the look of things that could be problematic. How many neopoints are we talking about here? If it's under a million, it probably won't raise eyebrows, but if it's a mega amount you might want to be careful. She could email neopets support in advance to prove that it is a gift rather than a hacker and it might be worth sending the neopoints over as expensive item gifts rather than her buying a load of junk from you for a fortune. 

As additional resources there's a reddit thread here: 

Another option is the Trading Post. You can create a lot, and ask for a certain amount of NP (or whatever the NP cap of the TP is). It would be essential that under "Wishlist" you type "Reserved for <UserName> so no one else tries to get it.

@Secre Does this sound like a good option to you?

13 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Another option is the Trading Post. You can create a lot, and ask for a certain amount of NP (or whatever the NP cap of the TP is). It would be essential that under "Wishlist" you type "Reserved for <UserName> so no one else tries to get it.

@Secre Does this sound like a good option to you?

I'm no expert but from what I read trading junk lots for large sums of neopoints is a risky strategy as it can get flagged as hacking or cheating.