shockgames won't load

ohml

Hey, I was wondering if there was a known issue of regarding some shockgames not loading, when i try playing blige dice or AOTS it's stuck on the loading screen. The hannah games seem to work fine though, and TRRDS. Thanks in advance!

For Bilge Dice, yes, it is a "known issue". Neopets took the game down at, or a little after Neopets changed from being owned by Nickelodeon to JumpStart, in 2014. When they moved Neopets to new servers, there was an issue with Bilge Dice. The game was taken down for "maintenance", but, to this day, it has not been fixed. It seems there was a "glitch", and players were able to take advantage of it. (At least, that's what I "heard"). The belief is that it (fix Bilge Dice) was put on TNT's "to-do list", but, like many things during the 2014 server transition, it was either low priority, or "something we will get to", but never gotten to. Best we can hope for, is that Bilge Dice will be remade in HTML5.

As far as Attack of the Slorgs, which browser are you using? Internet Explorer had a bad habit of the game "freezing", usually after completing several levels. At that point, all you can do is restart the game. All progress is lost, along with your score. Not fun. If you use Chrome, with the "IE Tab" extension, it can do the same thing - "freeze", after playing several levels. As "IE Tab" uses Internet Explorer, Chrome can suffer the same fate. It's been a long time, but IIRC, the game either didn't freeze, or freeze as much, when using the last version of Safari for Windows.

Also, which version of Shockwave are you using? Not sure if it makes a difference for AoTS, but I use version 10.3.1.018. When I was playing AoTS to get the avatar, I was using version 12. Using an older version may help, like it does for the "Hannah" games. I do remember, too, having to refresh the game page, several times, to get AoTS to load. (Like, A LOT).

On 5/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

For Bilge Dice, yes, it is a "known issue". Neopets took the game down at, or a little after Neopets changed from being owned by Nickelodeon to JumpStart, in 2014. When they moved Neopets to new servers, there was an issue with Bilge Dice. The game was taken down for "maintenance", but, to this day, it has not been fixed. It seems there was a "glitch", and players were able to take advantage of it. (At least, that's what I "heard"). The belief is that it (fix Bilge Dice) was put on TNT's "to-do list", but, like many things during the 2014 server transition, it was either low priority, or "something we will get to", but never gotten to. Best we can hope for, is that Bilge Dice will be remade in HTML5.

As far as Attack of the Slorgs, which browser are you using? Internet Explorer had a bad habit of the game "freezing", usually after completing several levels. At that point, all you can do is restart the game. All progress is lost, along with your score. Not fun. If you use Chrome, with the "IE Tab" extension, it can do the same thing - "freeze", after playing several levels. As "IE Tab" uses Internet Explorer, Chrome can suffer the same fate. It's been a long time, but IIRC, the game either didn't freeze, or freeze as much, when using the last version of Safari for Windows.

Also, which version of Shockwave are you using? Not sure if it makes a difference for AoTS, but I use version 10.3.1.018. When I was playing AoTS to get the avatar, I was using version 12. Using an older version may help, like it does for the "Hannah" games. I do remember, too, having to refresh the game page, several times, to get AoTS to load. (Like, A LOT).

I'm using 12.2 with old firefox. I think I have to accept theres no easy, one and done solution to these buggy shockwave games? Cus once I get through a problem, another one shows up! lol.

Slorgs took quite a while, like a long while but I was able to get it. That's where I discovered a new problem, I can't send scores lol.

8 hours ago, ohml said:

I'm using 12.2 with old firefox. I think I have to accept theres no easy, one and done solution to these buggy shockwave games? Cus once I get through a problem, another one shows up! lol.

Slorgs took quite a while, like a long while but I was able to get it. That's where I discovered a new problem, I can't send scores lol.

Yep. Remember those days, where Firefox wouldn't send scores. Could only get them to "send" with Internet Explorer 11 and the last version of Safari for Windows. If you feel daring, give the last version of Safari a try, along with Shockwave version 10.3.1.018. Uninstall 12.2 first, reboot, then install last version of Safari for Windows, and then Shockwave. This petpage has a link to Shockwave:

http://www.neopets.com/~x0_Casper_0x

Step 8, Under "Run The Virtual Machine", has a link to Shockwave. You can find the last version of Safari on the Net. I use Chrome, with the "IE Tab" extension, but it hasn't been working, recently, and Internet Explorer 11 isn't working, either. They both lockup and I have to force close them. Anyhow, hope they work for you. Get them avatars, while you can, just in case.

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Yep. Remember those days, where Firefox wouldn't send scores. Could only get them to "send" with Internet Explorer 11 and the last version of Safari for Windows. If you feel daring, give the last version of Safari a try, along with Shockwave version 10.3.1.018. Uninstall 12.2 first, reboot, then install last version of Safari for Windows, and then Shockwave. This petpage has a link to Shockwave:

http://www.neopets.com/~x0_Casper_0x

Step 8, Under "Run The Virtual Machine", has a link to Shockwave. You can find the last version of Safari on the Net. I use Chrome, with the "IE Tab" extension, but it hasn't been working, recently, and Internet Explorer 11 isn't working, either. They both lockup and I have to force close them. Anyhow, hope they work for you. Get them avatars, while you can, just in case.

Thank you! I'll try it out when I have the energy lol. Kinda burnt out fruitlessly tryin to get it to work haha