Grey screen error

hoisenberry

A "grey screen" is almost always an Adobe Flash issue. Take a look at this TDN topic for enabling Flash for Neopets within Chrome and Firefox:

http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/enabling-flash-on-neopets/

Although it does list Edge, if you are on Windows 10, version 1809, Microsoft changed the way Flash works with Edge, with that update. Although it is possible to still use Edge, it is a bit more complicated. Overall, it is easier with Chrome and Firefox. If you wish to still use Edge, though, please post and I will explain how.

A few things to note, with the above link:

1. Make sure you are on Neopets (www.neopets.com), or on Neopets in a separate tab, when completing the instructions.

2. If you do not see the "Block icon" for Firefox, follow these instructions:

For Firefox, click on the "i", in the circle, located to the left of the Neopets web address, in the address bar. Where is says, "Connection Is Not Secure", click on the arrow pointing right. Next, click "More Information". In the new window that opens, click the "Permissions" tab/icon. In the list, look for "Run Adobe Flash". Change it from "Use Default", to "Allow". Close that window. Refresh your Neopets tab. If you don't see "Run Adobe Flash", you will need to download & install Flash.

If you still get the "grey screen" after following the instructions, it may help to clear your browser's cache (temporary Internet files), and check to make sure Flash is up-to-date. If you have any questions, please post.

When I try using Firefox or Chrome, it says the connection is not secure. If you could tell me how to do this on Edge, I would appreciate it. 

36 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

A "grey screen" is almost always an Adobe Flash issue. Take a look at this TDN topic for enabling Flash for Neopets within Chrome and Firefox:

http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/enabling-flash-on-neopets/

Although it does list Edge, if you are on Windows 10, version 1809, Microsoft changed the way Flash works with Edge, with that update. Although it is possible to still use Edge, it is a bit more complicated. Overall, it is easier with Chrome and Firefox. If you wish to still use Edge, though, please post and I will explain how.

A few things to note, with the above link:

1. Make sure you are on Neopets (www.neopets.com), or on Neopets in a separate tab, when completing the instructions.

2. If you do not see the "Block icon" for Firefox, follow these instructions:

For Firefox, click on the "i", in the circle, located to the left of the Neopets web address, in the address bar. Where is says, "Connection Is Not Secure", click on the arrow pointing right. Next, click "More Information". In the new window that opens, click the "Permissions" tab/icon. In the list, look for "Run Adobe Flash". Change it from "Use Default", to "Allow". Close that window. Refresh your Neopets tab. If you don't see "Run Adobe Flash", you will need to download & install Flash.

If you still get the "grey screen" after following the instructions, it may help to clear your browser's cache (temporary Internet files), and check to make sure Flash is up-to-date. If you have any questions, please post.

20 hours ago, hoisenberry said:

When I try using Firefox or Chrome, it says the connection is not secure. If you could tell me how to do this on Edge, I would appreciate it. 

That is normal, as the connection is not secure. Neopets has never used "https://" for the main site. However, the NC Mall does use "https://". Chrome and Firefox have added the "not secure" notification, so you are aware. Edge will tell you the connection is not encrypted, if you click on the "i", in the circle icon, to the right of Edge's address bar. Although, Neopets should go to a secure site, nothing has changed, since the beginning. "Not secure" doesn't affect Flash, and using Edge won't make Neopets any more secure than Firefox or Chrome.