Neomail not working?

Carlos_spicy

Sorry if a thread already exists for this but I'm having an issue with neomail. I get the standard notification that I have mail but when I click the link from the events page I get a page giving me an error saying "You did not send or receive this mail, so you cannot read it!"

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
If you find any issues, errors, or glitches on Neopets, please post them in our Official Neopets down/having issues board.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.

That has been happening to a lot of Neopians, for the last week or few weeks. Today's Neopian Times Editorial, Issue #732, first question, has answers:

"Hey CQ! *waves* I'm glad that you guys took the time to try to fix all of the problems that we were having with neomail. But now, when I click on the little mail icon that pops up at the top of the screen, I receive this error message: You did not send or receive this mail, so you cannot read it! It looks like everyone is having this problem. Can you explain what happened, and give us any kind of eta on a fix? Thanks! ~ terahawk
Hi! So, we had to make some updates to Neomails on the back end, but one of the changes we had to make caused this new issue you're describing. All that's going on is that the event notification isn't linking properly with the mail itself, so when you try to open mail that way, the link won't work and you get that error. While annoying, it's nothing to worry about, and we're working on getting them linked properly again. In the meantime though, you can continue to completely access all your neomail from your inbox!"

So, if you click on your "Inbox", you should be able to click on and read/reply to the new message there.

No problem. Thanks for that. Yep I can access everything through the inbox link. :)

So the inbox link worked for a while but today trying to access my Neomail I get this error :

NeoMail® Web Messaging

An error has occurred. Please try again in a minute.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.