TDN Newbie

marywoah

Hi everyone  (: I've been playing Neopets for as long as I can remember, since they gave the toys away at McDonalds in 2004 or 2005. I've taken breaks here and there but I've never really left. Can't tell you how many hundreds of boring hours I've logged on Faerie Bubbles - and still no trophy!!! I've been wanting to join a Neopets forum, and since I already use the daily guides here... here I am  :thumbsup:

Mostly I play games, do dailies, play stocks, collect avatars, and makeover pound pets. There are some real gems in there! My pride and joy is thetoad, who was brought to me on April Fools 2014. I've never gotten into restocking, or pet trading (is that a thing?), and still don't really understand what the Altador Plot is, but I have fun anyway :D Reading some of the other introductions, I'm not the only confused/un-involved in site events! That makes me feel better.

Hi, Mary! Welcome to the forums~ I'm new as well, and I've found that they're a very fun and friendly place to be. 

I think pet trading is a thing, but I've never really understood it. Same with the Altador Plot--I don't really have any idea what it is, and at this point, I feel like it's too late to ask :P So you're definitely not alone in that regard. Hopefully being more involved with TDN will help keep you up to date on that kind of thing! Best of luck!

"Too late to ask"

Boo, no!  The altador plot is the only plot that remains active.  It's super involved, and there are tons of steps, but luckily there are guides that exist to walk you through it bit by bit.

It's worth doing just for another site event trophy, imo.  TDN's guide is what walked me through the whole plot, and my mom is currently using it to get through it, lol.

Aside from that, welcome!  I'm not really into pet-trading, but I could imagine it would be fun as long as you have certain goals before getting into it.

I completely agree that the site is much more enjoyable now that I'm older.  I know how to get involved now; I know how to follow the news, check offsite, and actually utilize things.  It's a different world entirely.

Welcome to the forums!

And like fishstick013 says Altador plot is never too late to ask and is fun to complete.

Pet trading is something I don't understand either. Well, maybe to get other avatar rewarding pets.

Hello and welcome! 

The Altador plot was something I did a long time ago before I left Neopets for awhile, but I remember it being fun even though there was a lot of steps, plus you get a free gift every day after completing it.  I missed out on so many themes during my time I was gone an before I really started playing and so I like that it gives me an extra theme to choose from.  :happydance: