what happened to guilds?

Are there any actually fun guilds to join? A few years ago, 1 np auctions, free trades, and rare items were the topics of guilds and now they are annoying twelve year olds making guilds about anime and celebrities. What happened to the connection, and are there still guilds worth joining?

There probably ARE, but I dunno. I've been with my guild FOREVER. Though only about half a dozen of us are still Semi-active in the guild. I say semi-active because it seems like everyone's pretty busy right now. Or whatever they're doing IRL. lol

Maybe ask on the neoboards as well, or here was a good choice too. Someone with a good (mature) guild might be recruiting and see your post. I don't know if my guild is interested in recruiting. I don't think we've had a new member in years. lol I hope you can find a guild that's a really good fit for you! :)

I'm in an active fun guild called Paint Brush Pizzazz. We have everything that you mentioned in your post. We are like a family and are always willing to help each other with our goals. If you do decide to join in the fun, come over and check it out.

http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=4159556

I'll also send you an invite in case the link doesn't work.