What's your favourite Pokèmon?

aetherealhobnobs

I just realized I never actually included any of my favorite pokemon so I'll just go ahead and list one for each type

Normal: Eevee because of the nice design and that they can evolve into so many different types.

Fighting: Pangoro because I love pandas and the pokemon that resemble bears are always reliable in battle

Fire: Ninetales and Reshiram because I couldn't decide between the two

Water: Mudkip because they were the first starter I've ever had and also because my protagonist in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is always my main character.

Flying: Togetic because it took forever for me to get one and it was worth it.

Grass: Shaymin because it's a hedgehog that can transform into a deer/small dog form that has wings.

Poison: Roserade because they remind me of a superhero because of the capes they have

Electric:Rotom because they can transform into lots of different forms and also were pretty hard to get without trading

Ground: Groudon because they remind me of Godzilla and also one of the best pokemon I've ever had

Psychic: Espeon because they are my favorite eevee evolutions

Rock: Omanyte because praise the almighty helix fossil

Ice: Beartic because they were always good fighters and I found it funny to dress them up in the contest things they had.

Bug: Vivillion because they look different depending on what region your game is from

Dragon: Dialga for being the lord of time and always speaking in all caps in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series.

Ghost: Froslass because they look very graceful and also was one of the Pokemon I least expected to be a ghost type.

Dark: Bisharp because they are extremely hard to knock out in game because of their high defense.

Steel: Mawile because of the design and I always wanted one but could never find one in-game for some reason.

Fairy: Gardevoir because of the design and also for their strong Psychic attacks.

Oh wow, I was hoping that this post would come up. *adjusts glasses* Here we go! xD

My first starter was Squirtle with the original Pokemon Blue. :)

Bug: Scizor, because he's awesome and very strong! 

Dark: Umbreon, memories of Pokemon Silver version

Dragon: Salamence, an awesome dragon that flies through the sky with such ease and is very powerful

Electric: Helioptile, its sooo cute and when I first saw it in the anime I knew I wanted one in the game 

Fairy: Xerneas, its a very powerful legendary and a fairy as well!

Fighting: Lucario, one of the coolest Pokemon ever and he looks awesome!

Fire: Typhlosion, my starter in Pokemon Silver and the first ever Pokemon I raised to level 100

Flying: Pidgeot, first bird I ever raised and also Bird Jesus enough said xD

Ghost: Froslass, a very cute and elegant looking Pokemon and I love its dual typing. 

Grass: Shaymin, one of the Pokemon I feel I'll never be able to have

Ground: Quagsire, a cute and dopey Pokemon that I really like due to his dual type 

Ice: Walrein, I love seals and especially sabertoothed ones!

Normal: Cinccino, its beautiful and a powerhouse on my team

Poison: Scolipede, what's not to love about this big thing? It was my first shiny in Gen 5

Rock: Tyranitar, hands down one of the best Rock types and I love it!

Steel: Mawile, a very cool Pokemon that packs a punch with its rear end! 

Water: Lanturn, when I first saw this Pokemon in second gen, I fell in love. :D

I've been a fan since the show first came out. Though I haven't watched since the voice-actress who played Ash from the beginning, retired from the show.  That was kinda the final straw for me, so many other character voices had been switched around already to the point where it was annoying. (Kids WB really messed it up imho)

Favorite Pokemon? Probably still Charmander. Butterfree is another classic pick. Back then, Eevee only had 3 evolutions, and they were all cool, (the newer evolutions also look pretty neat). ;) Scyther of COURSE, also, dratini, dragonair and Dragonite! Back when there were only 150 (known) pokemon, I used to be able to do reasonable imitations of around a hundred of the 150. Charmander was just kind of more fun than some of the others I tried. LOL

Quick question, Does it irritate anyone here, when you hear someone mispronouncing Pokemon? Like Poke-man, or Pokee-mahn? I get really irritated by that, have since the beginning. lol It's spoken, Poh-Kay-Mon. The mark above the e, is an accent mark, not a mark denoting a long E sound. ;)

I remember when I was about 6-7 years old (I'm 23 now, go figure) my ultimate favourite used to be Rapidash.

I was just mesmerized by the beauty of it, and when we played Pokémon in the playground I always rushed to be Rapidash because "they're the fastest Pokémon there is!"

Now that I've looked at some pictures, I'm still struck by the beauty of its simplicity and how it might be a real horse but not quite.

1892310-078rapidash.png