When did you start playing Neopets?

12 years 4 months - and I still have my original account. I didn't play the entire time though, there were many months/years through college I just didn't have the time to play.

I just passed one year less than a week ago. On this account, at least. Are there any things that unlock after a year? Like how the Almost Abandoned Attic unlocks after 3? (I think)

You can see what account perks you get if you fill in your account creation date here:
http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/account-perks/

I started playing on my jellysundae account July 20th 2002, currently trying to regain access to that account, here's hoping! Made a new one last November :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been on the account I have now for 3 weeks, but I have been playing on Neopets, to varying degrees, since January 9, 2002.

I started playing Neopets back in 2001 on my really old account yano159, which has been long gone... I forgot the password to it and decided to give up. I made a few accounts over the years (forgot the info and passwords) and got hacked last year sometime on my account yosuuke_07, so I decided to use my side as my new main. :)

Looooong time ago. I'm not 100% on the exact date since I changed the password on my very first ever account and stupid 9-year-old me forgot it and was too stubborn to contact TNT about it, and now it's been purged forever. It might have been as early as 2000, but could have been 2001. I remember when Maths Nightmare was that weird alien version and a Tyrannian PB was 50k if that gives you an idea.

It's cool to see so many people that started before the Viacom buy-out!

More than 11 years, miraculously survived the purges (which I wasnt aware of but must have signed in enough to stay active.. somehow). Had the same 3-4 pets for ages, but have a new sides now had have started collecting pets