NEGATIVE Neopoints?!

ilcannone

I just did my dailies..and thought I was going crazy when it said I had -500NP...

Went to repair some Broken NP at the toy repair shop, and was told that I didn't have enough NP.. I ACTUALLY DID HAVE -500NP?!?!

It seemed to be after going to the Shop of Offers that this happened. When I withdrew from the bank, it just got less and less until it got to 0....what the?!?!

Anyone else ever experienced this before?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

It happens sometimes because an Random Event. I'm not sure which ones, but there are REs that take a set amount of NP, and if you don't have that, you'll get negative NP, and have to take it from the bank to get positive NPs again.

I just did my dailies..and thought I was going crazy when it said I had -500NP...

Apple bobbing took 300 NP from me when I didn't have that much available; I ended up with negative NP as well. But visiting the Shop of Offers usually GIVES you NP, so it must have been an unlucky RE, as Marae19 suggested.

Apple bobbing took 300 NP from me when I didn't have that much available; I ended up with negative NP as well. But visiting the Shop of Offers usually GIVES you NP, so it must have been an unlucky RE, as Marae19 suggested.

I usually notice the negative neopoint phenomenon after Apple Bobbing usually. =/

I've never had it happen with Apple Bobbing or with the Shop of Offers, so it might just be a RE. There's a Ghost RE that takes away your Neopoints.

Although, according to Jellyneo: "Note: Unlike previous Random Events, it is no longer possible for an event to reduce your on hand Neopoints to a negative figure. If you have less Neopoints on hand than a RE would otherwise take, it will instead take all of your on hand Neopoints."

Huh. Sorry about your bad luck!

I'm not sure Apple bobbing counts as a random event. Most the time I receive a small item, but one of the many possible results has to do with your neopoints falling out of your pocket, and it always costs you 300 NP. It only creates negative NP if you have less than that available.

Ohhh. It's been a while since I've played the game. I was lucky and got the avatar fairly early on, and that was the only reason I played. That makes sense for it take your Neopoints, then!

I don't remember ever being at a negative number of NP before, probably because I usually have 5,000 to 10,000 on hand at any time. However, if you carry a lot of cash, the Tax Beast will have a larger amount to take from if he strikes, so holding a moderate amount is best.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.