wouldn't it be nice if Neopets Customer service wasn't so bad?

my old account is still on there and i wanted to jump back in for nostalgia's sake but i forgot the password and since the email associated with that account is no longer active i can't simply have a new password sent to me....i can't even send a ticket to TNT without logging in(which i obviously cannot do)and all messages sent to them via social media have gone ignored

makes me wish their service towards the neopets players was a lot and i mean a lot better....11 years on that account gone all because neopets decided on a crappy recovery system

anyone else really hate this?

well i don't have a side account...(well there was an account before this one but i believe it was frozen for some weird reason...and i can't remember the name or password on that one so yeah)and even if i did create a new account and sent a ticket I've heard horror stories of their complaints never being answered or answered after a long period of time has gone by

i don't want an 11 year account to go down the drain

good luck on getting it back somehow....i'm currently trying to get one back as well but the info they ask for is rather unreal as it's been years since i was ever on it and all i lack is the b-day (still don't know why it's different from my own now lol)

i got the birthday and account name correct all I'm, missing is the password....I'd really like to get back on but that password escapes me right now and i can't expect myself to waste time trying to correctly guess what it is

for a moment i thought i had it when something came to me in my mind but it didn't work even though part of it in my head rings as if i had used it as a password...unfortunately for me i probably did use a password with random numbers to make things harder on myself

I'm losing hope that my old account will ever be recovered...it sucks honestly I even have memories of opening packs of the TCG and the meridell war events(i sucked at the tale of woe event though so i got nothing outta that)yet i cannot possibly imagine what password i picked for this account

i know a couple people who have gotten their accts back from lack of password but it took them quite a bit of time. and even my reply to the ticket i sent took about 3 months granted it was sent late december when all the issues were still happening really badly so yeah

You shouldn't give up! Luckily I got my old account pretty easily since it was just the year I was born that I put wrong (although I didn't know I put my real bday until I got my account back) I got it back a while back so I'm not sure what I did to convince I was the rightful owner but I was reallly happy when I got it back! Keep trying and don't give up! Unless they totally deny you :( Then maybe then it's not very possible :( But until then!

i wonder if there's a limit on how many times you can attempt to put in your b-day....besides the whole try again in XX amount of minutes or whatever till they might make it a perma freezing or whatever

I'm never getting my account back......

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Try asking on their FB page.

Don't they send new password when you have the bday, e-mail and username?

i tried asking on the facebook page but got no response i even tried their twitter account...still no feedback and they require the email username birthday and random info such as what neofriends you had what was in your inventory just crazy stuff that someone whose been off neopets as long as i have wouldn't remember

the problem is the email doesn't exist anymore that's where the problem starts

the problem is the email doesn't exist anymore that's where the problem starts

I know some users have been able to retrieve a password by recreating their expired e-mail accounts. Not sure if that's an option for you, but it's worth a try :)

I know some users have been able to retrieve a password by recreating their expired e-mail accounts. Not sure if that's an option for you, but it's worth a try :)

yeah i have my doubts about that theory...i can't even begin to remember how the email went anyways it wasn't mine but my dad's(i think as none of the emails i have were listed with a neopet account)since back then i wasn't too caught up on the whole email thing

Ah this story sounds so familiar to me.. My account is 10 1/2 almost 11 years now and I just wanted to get back on my old side account to play with my old pets. I have the birthday but all of the passwords and variations of them haven't worked. I sent a ticket probably about a month ago from my main account, which is actually the second account I created. In my ticket I put all possible email addresses, including my mom and dad's since I didn't have email yet. They asked about what you have equipped to your pets which was useless to me since I've never done the battledome. The only Neofriends I had were my main account and my sister's account which I can't even remember the name of or even if it exists anymore. However, I won't give up hope on getting my account back because I've heard enough success stories of recovering accounts. :laughingsmiley:

It's not really stupid at all because you have to prove that you are... well, you. There are a lot of account thefts on Neopets, so it only makes sense that they would ask these types of questions.

List things that only you would know. This guide might help http://www.neopets.com/~ShimmeringBliss

yeah i get they want to know that you are really the owner of said account but if you just dropped off the site and tried to return years later how are you gonna remember all that stuff? it's almost like they are saying "oh you don't remember who your neofriends were or what was in your inventory? tough cookies we can't help you"

Even if you can't remember perfectly, giving your best guess is better than giving up