gaming issues

maxalt75

For at least two years the sponsor ads have slown down game play and in some cases I would just no longer play a certain game. Now with this wonderful flowplayer, it causes so much lag time that it makes some games completely unplayable. Now I am also getting certificate warnings that make it feel as if I were playing "advert attack" which of course I am not. I have submitted many tickets to TNT and always get the same answer about how they need sponsors to keep the site free, blah blah blah. I understand the need for sponsor ads, but call me crazy, they should not interrupt the flow of the site. I believe it's a cheap gimmick to push people to buy premium memberships. Has anyone else had these same issues and if so, is there a solution without having to purchase a membership? Any feedback would be great.

Before I had a premium membership, I installed the add-on "AdBlock"" to my Google Chrome to stop the ads from showing up. I don't know what browser you're using, but if you're having problems like that, I would suggest giving Chrome and Adblock a shot :)

TDN has "tutorials" for blocking ads in Neopets for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera:

http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/index/

Scroll all the way down to the bottom and look for the "Tutorials" heading, on the left. Below that, you will see the links for blocking ads for Chrome, etc, etc. They do mention Adblock Plus, as Dawn* mentioned. Personally, I do not use it, but I know there are others, here, on TDN, who do, and may be able to offer advice.

Adblock is terrific.

Right now I play on my ipad and I'm a little embarrassed to admit that over the years I did eventually get so frustrated (I don't know how to Adblock on my ipad but any suggestions would be great) with the ads, especially League of Angels that I broke down and got a premium membership. I submitted several tickets with no replies.