Have you ever...

Breaziecat

been too embarrassed to watch something?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please have at least seven words in your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Your Life to General Chat.

LOL!

People make fun of my playing Neopets! That makes me crazy! (:

When I watch particular movies like "Steel Magnolias", "Waiting to Exhale", "Eat Pray Love" and "Under the Tuscan Sun" I get made fun of as well.

I'm old and love those movies! Dang people!

Have YOU been embarrassed to watch something, Breaziecat?

I usually feel embarrassed when I watch people making fun of themselves, embarrassing themselves, doing stupid things etc. I know it's they, not me, but I feel ashamed for them. Weird, right? :(

Hahaha, there's an expression in Portuguese for that feeling! Don't know if anything similar exists in English.

I used to feel embarrassed for watching Big Brother, I mean, I felt so stupid, lol. And I'm too embarrassed to watch anything that has racy scenes, like Game of Thrones...

I hate watching infomercials because I always feel so bad for the people who have the "wrong" product or don't have what they're selling. I always feel bad watching people hurt themselves (falling or cutting themselves accidentally) in those infomercials, especially.

It's sort of like embarrassment, right?

I'm otherwise pretty shameless, my mom walked in on me watching Kamen Rider one time, but I wasn't really embarrassed, even when I had to basically tell her it was Power Rangers (which I used to LOVE as a kid so she definitely knows what that is).

I'm not 100% sure what this question was supposed to be... I've been embarrassed about watching something, but I've never been too embarrassed to watch something, as in "my embarrassment made me stop watching". Does this make sense? lol Or is this about second-hand embarrassment?

Anyway, I think the only things I'm embarrassed about watching are ASMR videos (I made a board about it once, in case you're wondering what it is), because people tend to think it's creepy.

• 4 months later...

I don't like watching vocaloids in front of people, or any anime really. They're quick to judge and dismiss it as something nasty or stupid while it may be heartwarming and beautiful.

Have you also watched The Borgia Family Movies with your parents? Talk about awkward...

Yes this has happened to me before. I sometimes feel embarrassed to watch MLP: FiM as it can be viewed as a children's show as I don't want people to judge me.. But nonetheless I am a huge brony! :D