How come my shop is just collecting dust?

frozenpancakes

What's the timeframe here? The downtime's going to have impacted on sales, of course, but because we were told about it in advance a lot of people would have stayed away on Sunday anyway.

I wouldn't know as I've never had any valuable books to sell, I'd be patient though; if you've priced them to sell, but without making them too cheap, they'll go soon enough. :) If I gain anything with any value I'm always tempted to progressively drop the price until it sells, but I try to hold off from doing that because I don't want to impact on the value of the item by grossly underpricing.

I've just begun "restocking" and books are the worst. If I get a book now from a RE that is under 2K, I just read it to my pet. It has taken weeks to sell some books and, like you (I checked a few) I was the lowest by a few hundred NP on the Wiz. The down times and lags may be part to blame.

I think when people say books are "good," they mean you "win" more often than "lose" by buying a random book. But I'm more careful than that and also my connecton isn't the fastest. There seems to be a school that says you should learn restocking by just clicking random stuff and then learn what's good. I'd rather see what's to be got and come back later with a plan.

Food is a little better, not much. People just buy for quests. I find magic items to be the best sellers. People will need them for personal battledome use plus quests. I never thought about resellers, kodylaurentia, I bet that helps too. :-)

Unless the books are rare they aren't likely to be flying off the shelves (I've always wanted to use that pun). But I'd be patient, check the SW or SSW every day and adjust accordingly.

If my pets haven't read the book and it's under about 5k (since I don't buy and resell) I'll read it to the pet instead so I can leave room in my shop for things that are easier sells like codestones.

I wouldn't know as I've never had any valuable books to sell, I'd be patient though; if you've priced them to sell, but without making them too cheap, they'll go soon enough. :) If I gain anything with any value I'm always tempted to progressively drop the price until it sells, but I try to hold off from doing that because I don't want to impact on the value of the item by grossly underpricing.

I totally agree with you on this. People do this a lot and I really feel it is what deflates the economy. Especially if they get the items through a RE, daily or the battledome, they figure, "Hey, I got it for free, so anything I make is profit." They go hundreds or thousands lower than SW/SSW prices, and it negatively impacts the economy." I get ultimate icy neggs from solving Negg cave, but I price them only a few NPs below SW. I could go a few thousand lower because, hey, they were free! But I don't. Even though it seems like a "nice" thing to do, it messes up the economy and other players.

It's been about three days since I started selling books and I have sold about one per day? I was under the impression books sold quickly ^_^

Your selling more than me. I wish I sell 1 per day. Although I think I'm an awful business woman. I thought of choosing books of the faerie quest, but instead I decided to choose the ones that remind me of nature... I know, excellent business strategy (irony).....

When I first attempted restocking I began with books because I was told it was one of the easiest places to restock. While it's true that things move slow enough for a beginner to pick up a few profitable books, it's also very difficult to sell the books you do buy. I bought about 30 books and it took around a month to get them all sold, and for me I don't really have the patience to get my neopoints back that slow so I no longer try to restock there. If you do have the patience for selling books then I see it as a nice place to restock if you can manage to grab some UBs occasionally.