Frozen "for owner's protection", ticket still "Open" after a year - what can I do?

gbraing

More than a year ago, my treasured main account was frozen "for the owner's protection". I created a thread here asking about it (http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/39571-account-frozen-for-my-protection-how-do-i-submit-a-ticket/) and one answerer mentioned that she got her account back very quickly in a similar situation. Well, I submitted my ticket on 12/29/13, so it's been over a year, and my ticket is still marked as "Open". I see no reason for this, since I provided tons of information and even screenshots (I used to run a screenie page), and supposedly the account was frozen for my protection. :/ It seems ridiculous that my ticket would be unlooked at after a year.

Is my experience normal? Are there any ways to bump this ticket up? Or are there any alternative ways of contacting TNT or individual team members to ask them to take a look at my case?

Honestly, even if millions of NP and all my items are gone, I just want my pets back, and I can see that they're still there when I try to log in. Them, and the memories of my account, are all I want. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Not normal at all. I would resend a ticket weekly/monthly until you garnish a reply or attempt contacting them on Facebook if you are unable to access the ticket system as I hear they reply there as well... or try both.

My account was frozen during the transition and while I had to send multiple tickets, they did get back to me in less than 36 hours and unlocked my account.

Thanks for your reply. I messaged them on Facebook, sent a new ticket under "Complaints" telling them to look at my old ticket, and for good measure wrote the same polite complaint as "Additional Information" on my original ticket.

I remember reading warnings that getting accounts back could take a long time, but at some point I assume this isn't normal anymore. :)

I'll keep y'all posted. Other suggestions are still appreciated!

EDIT: I also didn't realize that there was a transition until you mentioned one and I Googled it. I've been away too long to know whether that's been good or bad or neutral for the site, but I loved Math Blaster and other JumpStart games! XD

SECOND EDIT: Or did you mean a server transition? Eh...I've clearly been away too long. Let's hope I get my account back and can change that!

Yah, you should totally send tickets in on a weekly (imo) basis until you get a PROPER response.

A year is WAY too long (even for a process that can take a long time)

Also, I agree with contacting TNT via Facebook...I've seen several users get a fairly quick response via that route.

​Make sure you have an ABUNDANCE of info on the account (everything from your Neofriends to the contents of your SDB to which avatars you have), as well as knowledge of the original email used to set it up and any passwords/PIN numbers affiliated with it.

Good luck!

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Happy ending! :)

A week after I did this most recent round of bugging, the Neopets Facebook page replied to me, saying,

Hi [name]. We sent your account info to our team for further review, and to check on the status of your original ticket. Due to the volume of requests that have come in as we've opened our inbox as a new avenue for support, it does take some time to process each request; however, we will update you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Today, less than a week after that, my account was unfrozen in response to my original ticket! Yippee!

More than 10 million NP gone, but my pets and account are here, and that's what I really cared about. I've gone from very disappointed in TNT's response to very happy, so all's well that ends well!

Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to ask again and suggested the Facebook page. I'm sure that this was the turning point in the whole process.