I don't get guilds?

Marae19

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what the point is of guilds. The only experience I have with a guild was when I was about 10 and I joined one about horses because it was a Dutch guild (I'm Dutch myself).

Thanks in advance :)

The 'point' of guilds could be as simple as wanting to meet people who like something you do.

Neopets wise I'm in one of the oldest guilds and they are a lupe guild predominantly (tho there are gelert owners allowed too). This is where I can talk to other lupe lovers, maybe get help with my lupe gallery, etc.,

It's pretty variable really. There's no concrete positive to joining a guild, tho there can be (such as they help you or whatever).

You could even just be in a guild with friends where you can discuss things on a 'private neoboard' and such.

There's no reason to feel like you NEED to join a guild, but sometimes it's nice having that support system.

There are no bonuses or rewards for joining a guild so there's literally nothing to lose or gain besides friends or whatever.

Guilds can also be very helpful when it comes to account improvement. Kind if like this forum, guilds can be places to look for help or ask questions. Many have activities to participate in and things like 1np auctions, an avatar lending program, or an adoption agency.

It's just kind of nice to have a network of people that you can chat with really

I haven't had much luck with guilds personally, but I guess the point is to communicate with others Neo users who share similar interests or goals. It really depends on what you're looking for. There's so many options out there. It just finding one that interests you.

I just joined an art guild, and they have some really nice resources like tutorials or challenges. I actually haven't fully immersed myself in the community, but they look like a nice bunch of people. They comment on each others' works, and you can ask for drawing advice. o:

I don't really think a guild is something you HAVE to join, but it is nice to be around other people who enjoy the same things you do. :D