TCG Question

Ysera

Is there any other way to obtain TCGs aside from buying them from other users? I need some unbuyable TCGs to complete my gallery of Favorite Neopians but I can't find any sellers and I can't get a feel for prices because some of the cards I need have never been priced on JN.

How does one get TCGs to begin with? I think you need a rare item code. Is this correct? And even if you have the item code, do you get a specific card or do you get a totally random one? And how does one get rare item codes?

I won an Ugly Bruno (TCG) from the Coincidence daily. According to TDN's page, there are others that can be won as well, but I think it's pretty rare, and there's also a risk of adverse events (pet loses stats or an item disappears from your inventory).

I got an idea of prices for mine by asking on the Neoboards, so you could always try that before buying. TCGs are hard to sell though, so some people might be willing to give you a pretty good deal even if there are only 1 or 2 of that item on the trading post!

I think I got some of mine from dailies like the Snowager once upon a time.

Other than that, buying from other users is your best bet.

I think jellyneo has a listing of where you can get the various cards.

I'm not sure if this will help, as I do not know if these are any of the TCG cards you are looking for. There are "booster packs" you can buy from the "Toy Shop" in the Neopian Bazaar. Jellyneo has list of what TCG cards you may find in the pack. The list, however, is not complete for some packs. Here is the link: http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=openable_items&page=2. I was able to find the "Acara Booster Pack" and the "Uni Booster Pack" in the "Toy Shop". I don't know what the "going" prices are or how rare the packs are, but the Jellyneo Item Database may be able to help. Good luck!

I have a few cards in my sdb i don't need. Neomail my account and i can tell you the ones i have and see if your interested. I don't really think they are worth many nps.

Edit: I apologize. The cards i have aren't neopians so you probably won't be interested. They are pets and a grappling hook.

Oh, you can also get them (rather rarely I believe) from trick-or-treat bags. I'm sure there's plenty of people who have held onto the ones that give out the cards (some also give booster packs mentioned in an earlier post)

You can see a list of the bags as well as which cards can be found here.

I also have a couple of TCG you might be interested in. Neomail me or send me a PM.

Thank you all for the replies. I didn't know you could get cards from other sources like the Snowager or the Coincidence but it does seem like my best option is simply to buy from other users since the cards I'm searching for are pretty specific (and rare, unfortunately). But your responses have been most helpful. I'm specifically looking for Jazan, Amira and Nabile TCGs. Perhaps also Ilere but not yet sure about that.