Restockers, I have questions

Kute

Actually these are questions for anyone.

So I want to start making a lot more NP. Enough to afford the good stamps easily enough. Or atleast one big one a month. (is this even realistic?)

I've been playing stock market for 3ish years now. It does not pay as well or often as i want (either does betting at food club for me, i usually break even with it) so I think I'm going to turn to restocking. It seems like a steady way to make NP and to fund avatars. The thing is I'm not sure if its personally worth it? How much time do you honestly spend refreshing shops and trying to stock up a day? Is there some kind of trick you guys use to get the most items out of your day of refreshing?

Is it hard to make profit right off the bat? Any info would be appreciated.

I would imagine that most restockers are familiar with the shops stock, knowing what is going to sell and what isn't. If you're going in blind, it strictly just comes down to luck instead of luck and knowledge.

However, there are totally other avenues to making a lot of NP. I would suggest battling and food club (the stuff you sell from the BD should count towards your bets). I decided to play food club every day in December and by the 20th, I was up 4 mil. Of course it went downhill the last 10 days or so but I guess that's food club for ya lol

You'll find a good shop to restock at - and a good place to start is actually the Post Office :D

Also sometimes you get lucky with dailies. Such as the Krawk island ones spitting out morphing potions. They depreciated but are still giving at least 1mil a pop.

And with the Charity Corner I got lucky with getting a stamp worth about 2mil for 5 plushies worth (initially) about 5000np.

It also sometimes helps to chuck things in the SDB and wait for a bit. ESPECIALLY books and rarer foods and other things I call consumables.

If you are looking to restock, go for books and training items.

I'm probably one of the better people to ask this.

Restocking, easily consumes your time spent on neopets. To be good at it, and to stock something of great value -- you have to be willing to give it time. Let's say you're trying to restock a morphing potion, (which I would advise against since you're new to restocking) you may have to sit there for an hour just refreshing the page to see a stock. Restocking takes a lot of time and effort. It's a just a lot of waiting and refreshing.

Personally, I find restocking worth it-- if you're good at it. I'd say your best bet is to ask around or do some studying on what are some profitable items that stock often, and in which shops. It's a very easy way to earn TONS of neopoints, but it's also just as easy to LOSE neopoints by buying items you think may be worth something.

Best answer to your questions I can give: By the sounds of it, you want to try and make the most money you can, in the least amount of time. Problem with that is, it sounds like you're coming into this game and excepting to be able to stock unbuyable items immediately, and often. Which just isn't the case. Especially for someone who is newer to restocking. TBH, yes you see people with millions of neopoints, and millions of np's worth of items because they're good at it. Practice makes perfect. Becoming good at restocking, is an art. Not to mention, damn near impossible to restock anything good with the lag.

Some Shops to avoid as a beginner.:

Magic

Stamps

Clothes

Coins

Shells

To answer your questions: Even if you do get good at restocking, sometimes the problem is finding a buyer. So, 1 good stamp a month is doable depending on what you've stocked and if you've sold it.

On average a day; I spend about 2-3 hours a day restocking, refreshing and eventually getting restock banned.

It's worth it to restock, if you practice and smaller shops first, If you don't practice and get use to knowing what often stocks where you'll just lose money.

I'd say for a newer restocker it's not impossible to make profit right off the bat, but it depends how much you want as profit. Are we talking like.. 50k in 1 day, because if so that's easy. Or are we talking 200k+ in a day, because that's a little harder. Best advice, don't expect to set into the game and immediately earn millions. It doesn't work that way. Those who have millions thanks to restocking usually spend hour upon hours a day refreshing, have been restocking for months, if not years and have an incredible download and upload speed.

Personally I've had my my share of good an bad experiences. I've had it where I made 2m+ 1 week, but the next made some horrible mistakes, and lost money.

Mail me on here or neopets if you ever wanna talk.

awe great advice. I appreciate your time for writing this. I wonder what people make on avg in a week/month restocking. Yea the lag is pretty much my only downer when thinking about this. Thank you though :)

i'm not a restocker, but i have spent a fair amount of time in a few shops on the search for specific items (months on the chocolate avatar).

I have fairly fast internet, but it took me I think three months before I even saw a UB in the chocolate shop and another month (after the shop stocking changes) to actually snag one for the avvie. Also, although I'm selling it in the SW, for much cheaper than the TP, it hasn't sold. So just because it's expensive doesn't mean there's a lot of demand. I've also tried out the magic shop for a couple of specific items and that place is fast. You have to be super quick, and refresh constantly.

Overall, you definitely have to be fast, lucky, know what to look for, make sure you press the right buttons (i panic and type weird stuff), and be super patient. I'd advise hanging out in a shop - chocolate is fun, although most items have a small profit - and learning what restocks often, and not buying anything for a few days. You can also research the higher rarity/price items on jellyneo to see what's most worthwhile.

Lastly, (not preaching!) it doesn't hurt to give back. not everyone has time/internet to be able to restock, and so it's hard to afford nice things. Someone essentially gifted me a 700k stamp on the tp for my album a couple months back, and it made my day.

Good luck

I too have tried restocking chocolate shop, just for the avatar. This was when the shops were broken though so a lot of the chocolate items I have in my SDB are massively deflated since the shops were fixed. I didn't know they were broken.. got slightly discouraged from that.. Still have not got the avvie though, maybe someday :)