Hello!

piefan

Hello there! :) I'm Piefan, real name Nurin, feel free to call me either that or Pie. I like reading (mainly fantasy, comedy, and action) and writing, along with several other things I doubt you really need or want to know about.

My favourite species is the Xweetok and colour Faerie; my least favourite is... well, I don't really have a least favourite for either.

Hi there Pie! I like that nickname. Especially since I like pies! Welcome to TDNF. Do you write for a job or just for fun? And do you mainly write short story's or more book long stuff? And also, what is your favorite fantasy book?

I bet you can tell I'm also interested in reading and writing, haha! Feel free to message me and I hope you have a lovely time here.

Thanks! And to answer your questions, I write for fun, and my stories are usually pretty short, about 10K words long - though that's more because the plots I use can't really be stretched out longer than anything else.

My favourite books... Well, I can't really name one off the top of my head, but I do quite like Inheritance. I will admit that I skipped over some of it due to how much unnecessary detail the author added though.

Hi there, Pie! Welcome to TDN forums! :) I'm Lia, and it's lovely to meet you.

Inheritance by Christopher Pasolini? I liked those books, for the most part. Though I remember how full of detail those books were, and how Brisingr was just... A little too long for my liking. :(

Thanks! And to answer your questions, I write for fun, and my stories are usually pretty short, about 10K words long - though that's more because the plots I use can't really be stretched out longer than anything else.

My favourite books... Well, I can't really name one off the top of my head, but I do quite like Inheritance. I will admit that I skipped over some of it due to how much unnecessary detail the author added though.

Awesome. 10K is quite long, sometimes I can only write about 1k words about something. I don't really have plots since I'm not really good at making up plots.

Inheritance is one of my favorite books too (written by Christopher Paolini, when he was 16/17!). I've read them all four multiple times and everytime it amazes me. The "unnecessary details" as you name them, make the story more appealing to me. Although in LOTR I can't handle the book because of the "unnecesarry details". I do get what you mean tho! I would like to write books like Christopher. I've tried a story about dragons & elves (which was also the title, creative huh?) but it ended up just being like Inheritance. The movie for it was one of the worst book adaptions I've ever seen though! The worst is an adaption for a dutch book by Thea Beckman, called 'Kruistocht in Spijkerbroek', which roughly translates to 'Crusade in jeans'. :)

Thanks, guys!

I do quite agree on the Eragon movie thing, by the way - I guess some parts could be hard to recreate in movies, but then some others could be added with no ill effect and (probably) not much strain on the budget. :P