is this a scam?

010_pipsy_010

Earlier today I received a neomail from another user, asking me for help (not suspicious in itself but keep reading). Here is the mail:

Dear Pipsy,
I have recently rejoined Neopets (After about six years. My, have things changed!) and apparently Faerie Quests have become insanely more common, since I happened to get one on my first day! (Without noticing, I should add. It cost me an Illusen's Quest!) Anyhow, I simply cannot find the object in question, and went to TheDailyNeopets for help. I found a quest forum, in which I wanted to post, but it wouldn't let me. I saw that you helped another user out, and was wondering if you could, perhaps, either show me how on earth I can make my account there function so I may ask for help, or if you could direct me to a shop which sells this book: Care for Chias.

I thank you in advance for your aid. I am indebted to you.

Thank you and many well wishings,

I have looked around Neopets and cannot find the book/item named "Care for Chias". Does such an item exist or is this a mistake by the user or a scam?

If this is genuine then can anyone help this user?

It doesn't seem to be a real item. Ask them to check the name again and send a ticket if it's really Care for Chias (it doesn't exist). There's really not much you can do for them if the item doesn't exist.

There's no book called "Care for Chias" but there is a book called "How to Care for Asparagus Chias". Perhaps the user made a mistake. Since the user is only asking for advice on where to find a book for a faerie quest, it's not a scam, but they probably made a mistake on the name of the book.

The book is actually named Care of Chias. The user just made a typo. ;)

thanks. I didn't mean to be so suspicious, but after the server move some strange things have been happening in Neopia and I just wanted to make sure. I have mailed the user and asked for clarification of the item. If it was just a typo then I will buy the item for them and send it to them myself.

thanks again :)

Well, better safe than sorry. The site's dodgy enough that everyone should be on high alert, anyway.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).
The original topic has been answered.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.