Limited Edition NC Collectibles: worth it?

So, I never cared to buy the Limited Edition NC Collectibles/collections, but this new theme (Miss Neopia) appeals to me because I always had Toddlers and Tiaras and the like as guilty pleasures (yes, I know... bear with me on this one! :P ).

So I'm wondering: are they worth it? I know there's a bonus item at the end for those who bought the entire collection, but still... Due to their overall price and such, are they usually worth it? Like, are they usually beautiful items?

And also, is that "all-new NC Collectible Collector's Album" really new? Is it as useless as I'm thinking it is? :mellow:

Thank you!

If you trade a lot I think the retrade value tends to be very high for some of the LE items (i.e. Jhudoras Bodyguards, Court Dancer Wig, and Balthazars Bag of Faeries). Personally I don't usually love the NC collectibles - I think I've only purchased 3 ever, but I could see the value of having some of those LEs down the road.

I loved the dress this month, maybe this will be a collection where I do buy all the items.

I think they're worth it if you like the collection's theme. :) Also, regarding that ''all-new'' NC Collectibles Collector's Case, you're right, it's not new at all (apparently it's been around since August 2009) and on top of that it's utterly useless. A item that has been placed in the case cannot be used by your pets. So if you put an item in the case and then want to use it, you'll have to remove it from the case. :/ If you're still not sure about whether you should purchase the entire collection or not you could always look up the old collections here to see if you like them. ;)

Now that I'm at it, I just purchased the dress (first time I ever bought any of these Limited Edition NC items) and put it in my closet, but do I have to put it in my Collector's Case in order to receive the bonus item? As I understand it you'll receive the bonus if you simply purchase the entire collection with your own neocash, but still... I just want to make sure I'll not miss out on the bonus item for keeping it in my closet instead... .

Thank you all for the tips! I ended up buying this month's dress, primarily because it indeed looks good on my Eventide Cy! <3 Hope the other items will be nice too.

Now that I'm at it, I just purchased the dress (first time I ever bought any of these Limited Edition NC items) and put it in my closet, but do I have to put it in my Collector's Case in order to receive the bonus item? As I understand it you'll receive the bonus if you simply purchase the entire collection with your own neocash, but still... I just want to make sure I'll not miss out on the bonus item for keeping it in my closet instead... .

I think you just have to buy them, yes. But if otherwise we can always put them in the collector's case, get the bonus and then take them out, right? They're not like stamps, I believe? (like, un-removable)

I think you just have to buy them, yes. But if otherwise we can always put them in the collector's case, get the bonus and then take them out, right? They're not like stamps, I believe? (like, un-removable)

I've checked my Collector's Case and indeed, you can remove the items you put there if you want to. Although with TNT's way of handling customer issues and bug reports I'm a bit hesitant about actually putting the dress in there. x''D I've heard about way too many people waiting for ages for them to respond to tickets... . It's ridiculous that all the items you ever owned, including the LE items are automatically displayed in your NC Mall Album but not in the Collector's Case. OK, I understand the logic that you can't have something in the case and in your closet at the same time, but still... this is Neopets, a magical world where real life logic doesn't fully apply so why apply it here? I truly doubt that there are many players that buys 2 of each LE item just to be able to let one of their pets use it while displaying the other one in their Collector's Case... .

If you like the theme, I suggest you go for it. Though the past series have been really really bad. The bonus items have also been terrible lately. But then again, you'll never know. It's a gamble. xD

As for the collector's album, it's like the Neodeck feature. You can put the items in there for display purposes only. You can take it out though. And to qualify for the bonus, you need not actually put all five collectors items in the album. It is enough that you bought all five on the same account. You can also trade it away even before the bonus month. The collectors items are also good for retrading purposes. The dress, after it retires, would most likely be at 2-3.