Kindness, Sharing Mini-Goals, And Attaining Them.

nightfall8705

I've been lurking the forums and the Neoboards because I am in such a good, generous mood right now. I've had good fortune this past week in my real life, and on Neo, and I just wanted to share it around.

I remember how well the Christmas in July post was successful, I thought, why not make one for August?

So, tell me about the attainable items under 100k of your dreams... What are you collecting or saving up for? Maybe some of us could get together and help each other move forward towards your mini- goal.

It's something kind to do, plus it's a way of making new Neofriends. Search the forum and the Neoboards with me, and help somebody reach their mini Neo-goals and Neo-dreams.

I am currently collecting structures in the Habitarium (houses nests, storages, hospitals) for experience. I'm also collecting super neggs, armoured neggs, and brilliant sun and moon potions for Sandrea, as noted in my shop.

My mini-goal is to expand the coffee and tea part of my gallery and complete the medicine part of my gallery. I am one item away from completing the medicine part. I only need a set of extra thick goggles. So thankful for those who have already contributed to my current collections, so I wanted to do the same for others.

Share what you are collecting, and spread around the kindness! (Just remember to thank those who contributed!)

Kudos to you, Angel, for doing such a nice thing :happydance:

I actually don't have any items that I want rn that are under 100k, but I'm glad that you are trying to help somebody achieve their goal ^^

Aww, thanks! A very generous person can go over 100k if their budget allows and if they want to, but you don't really have to spend a lot of np to help somebody. Sending a cure for a sick pet or sending an item for a themed shop or gallery works just as well. Sending a gift to somebody just because it's the thought that counts... but I think that if people wanted to use np, that they could 100k or below, or just whatever they want to spend. No pressure. Even donating to the money tree (not just junk) helps people too.

There's nothing like finding a new or random soul and giving them a gift just to say hello or welcome, just to help out.

The point is to create a sense of positivity, helpfulness, and generosity in the community. That's what Neopets is really about, right? :)

Agreed. There were times when my pets were sick and the items that could cure them were very expensive. I feel like donating/sending omelettes or jellies could help others as well because they could be used for more than one meal

I think so! :)

Every day I donate nps to the money tree and I always hope that the recipient doesn't already have millions of np but that they truly need it :)

I recently gave someone a baby paintbrush they were saving up for as well and it felt really good to do it for them :D and every now and then they give me a codestone to sort of pay me back!!

I'll send you a neofriend request nightfall8705 and I can send you stuff for your habi everyday if you want.

And anyone else who would like the same just send me a request as well.

I like all your ideas. :santa: I recently gave a NeoFriend a Lost Desert Paintbrush. I had won it as a newbie player from the Fruit Machine. Back then, it was worth ten times more than everything else I had. I kept it for sentimental reasons. But when I noticed how much this Friend wanted one, and how hard she was working to get one, I realized it was time to let go and let someone else enjoy it more (and actually use it). (I have an adopted Lost Desert pet already anyway.) She thanked me so much, :happydance: and I felt very good too. :D So if you're sure the person is truly deserving (as she is) then I highly recommend giving like this. 0:)

An added thought: there is a balance here on Neopets between earning wealth through work and winning things randomly. Each is fun. I think there is a thrill :woot: :cool: from those surprise prizes, but a feeling of accomplishment of gaining riches :medieval: :business: over time on your own. :pope: :king:

Wow, you are surely a very generous and kind person! :laughingsmiley: I don't have any items that I need/want at the moment that are under 100k, maybe later. Hopefully there are others just as nice as you in the real world. >.<

Also, would you like me to donate a few tea/coffee(s) for your gallery? I have some in my SBD that you can have. If you alreday have them, feel free to reject the gifts. :)

I don't know if you're looking for any particular tea/coffee items, but after a quick look in my SDB I have an Extra Strength Terry Berry Tea and an Iced Soy Chai Latte that I don't mind parting with? I figured I'd ask first as I don't want to inundate you with useless junk :L

I love these kinds of things!
I have a whole lot of plushies in my SDB if anyone has started to collect them recently and needs a little help, but I'd be glad to help with other things too.

The one thing I'm currently saving up for that's under 100k is a Day And Night Wig (so if anyone happens to have one thrown into the back of their closet without really wanting it... pssssst: I'm glad to take it out of your hands ;p) Thanks, Angel :3

Oh, and I'm also a collector of tea, so if you'd happen to have some spares I don't already have in my gallery maybe there's something else I could arrange for you?

-weird, deja vu-

Thank you all for your compliments and generosity! Feel free to send whatever you wish. Junk or no. I am collecting junk for a NF to help them get packrat anyway. If I can use what you send, I will put it in my gallery, otherwise, I may resell or donate to the money tree, though more likely, it will go to the money tree! Someone out there could use it!

Even if you have nothing you need or want under 100k, you can still share the kindness. Lurk around for random people doing junk trades, and make an offer to help a person get to their Neo-goal, and maybe someone will return the favor. (I already bid 20k on 3 junk trades for different users as a kind gesture to help them save up for a goal of theirs.) That's just an example.

There are lots of ways to make a person feel good! Even if if's just a Neomail and a 1np bouquet of flowers. The point is to bring us closer as a community, and I think it works. There are a ton of generous, friendly people here on TDN and Neo just waiting to make a new friend!

Feel free to send me a NF request on TDNF and Neo if you wish. I love new friends!

You are so kind, Lakecat! I bet you made your friend's day by doing that! I agree with you though, earning is part of the fun!

Lizzee, I already have the terry berry in my medicines, as it is a medicine as well as a tea, and I think I already have the iced soy chai latte, but maybe Elise (erato_) could use it!

PS: Elise, I sent you a NF request, AND a day and night wig. ;)

That's so sweet of you :D. I accepted your nf request and sent you a little something too :3

I already have the Exyta Strength Terry Berry (I think that's the one we're talking about) and I don't collect coffee so I wouldn't need the latte but thanks for thinking of me ^_^

I have a bunch of Nerkmids that I wouldn't mind giving away. I know that they are required for an avatar so anyone trying to get the avatar but can't get a nerkmid, I have some just let me know.

BTW I love the idea!

Thank you Elise! If I get any duplicate teas, I'll send them your way.

That's very generous of you Jennette! Maybe we could look on the Neoboards, maybe the Newbie board. A nerkmid would be a great welcoming gift. :)

Well I currently have no mini-goals,but i'd appreciate any gambling items(scratchcards,treasure chests,nerks).I'll be sure to check around these parts and see if anyone would like anything that I own!

Neat idea!

Currently, my only 'mini-goal' is to collect the newly released (though long known of) 12 Scrolls from the Lost Desert Plot. They are given as some of the daily prizes in the Desert Diplomacy event.

I am putting them into my side gallery on furiousbandersnatch. :D

I already added the 4 scrolls that had Sand in their name to my Sand Gallery on my main account. I was thrilled (still am!) when they released the scrolls because I have had them on my 'Impossible Sand Wishes' list for years. No longer impossible! /grin

Oh, and I'm also in this week's CC...so any votes cast my way would be GREATLY appreciated! You can vote once every four hours until Tuesday afternoon (link is in my sig!)

Cheers!

:P

I love love love this! This isn't a specific item I'm looking for, but I'm saving up for collateral to be lent a BCG, so anything that could be sold, such as nerkmids, codestones, low-price paintbrushes, etc. would be really appreciated. I'm on my phone right now, but when I get on my computer tonight I'll try to help some of y'all get your goals!

Neat idea!

Currently, my only 'mini-goal' is to collect the newly released (though long known of) 12 Scrolls from the Lost Desert Plot. They are given as some of the daily prizes in the Desert Diplomacy event.

I am putting them into my side gallery on furiousbandersnatch. :D

I already added the 4 scrolls that had Sand in their name to my Sand Gallery on my main account. I was thrilled (still am!) when they released the scrolls because I have had them on my 'Impossible Sand Wishes' list for years. No longer impossible! /grin

Oh, and I'm also in this week's CC...so any votes cast my way would be GREATLY appreciated! You can vote once every four hours until Tuesday afternoon (link is in my sig!)

Cheers!

:P

I love love love this! This isn't a specific item I'm looking for, but I'm saving up for collateral to be lent a BCG, so anything that could be sold, such as nerkmids, codestones, low-price paintbrushes, etc. would be really appreciated. I'm on my phone right now, but when I get on my computer tonight I'll try to help some of y'all get your goals!

Well I currently have no mini-goals,but i'd appreciate any gambling items(scratchcards,treasure chests,nerks).I'll be sure to check around these parts and see if anyone would like anything that I own!

I voted and sent the three of you something :)

Wow thanks erato!Appreciate it,also I have a trade up for you(offer anything and i'll accept) with 2 tea items you don't have in your gallery.

Thanks, Angel, for this post! :D

Hm, I guess some of my goals under 100k are collecting plushies for my gallery and completing my sea shell album page! (But there are the few of those shells that are over 100k haha)

Good luck to everyone with their goals!!

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I'm glad so many people are on board for this!

Deltacow, I have sent you five scratchcards and 3 neocola tokens..

Elise, I have sent you some teas. I might try to send more later.

Josh, I have sent you two scrolls, and I voted for you in the CC!

Dayna, I have sent you two red codestones you can resell for NP.

Alola, I have sent you three seashells you don't have! Thank you for the items you sent me! Also, if you want plushies, Elise (erato_) says she has some in her SDB she would like to give away!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! If anyone else needs anything, let me know! :)

Edit: Aww, you guys are so sweet! Thanks for all of the friend requests and items! You guys rock! Feel free to call me by name (Angel) if you want! Nice to meet you all!

alola, what plushies do you still need? If you give me a list, I'll get as many for you as I can

nightfall8705, I send you a neofriend request, as well as a bunch of coffees and teas

deltacow, I sent you one of each type of scratchcard

fullonparanoid, I voted for you!

Thank you everyone for being so kind, and please let me know if there's anything else I can help with! :)

Thanks, Angel, for this post! :D

Hm, I guess some of my goals under 100k are collecting plushies for my gallery and completing my sea shell album page! (But there are the few of those shells that are over 100k haha)

Good luck to everyone with their goals!!

I have set up four trades for you, all plushies I couldn't see in your gallery. Just offer whatever you won't miss :)

You'll find them here