Seriously Not Fair!!

WhiteWolf

For an entire day, I have had pain in my hip. It hurt so much today that I cancelled my workout, and later felt sick. I couldn't even eat dinner (Very bad sign for me). To really add insult to injury, I got book three of a trilogy I'm reading in the mail today. I feel so terrible that I can't read it!

I had surgery on this hip five years ago, and on Tuesday, I my first workout in three weeks. Ibuprofen? I was knocking the stuff back like crazy. I am not happy right now.

Sorry about your pain!

I don't know what kind of workout you did but if you didn't stretch, over-trained, or had poor form these can all add up to major aches and pains later. Especially if you've already had surgery in the past, it's important to do some physical therapy to get your body in a place where it can take on strenuous activity. I shattered my wrist and dislocated my elbow cheerleading in college and didn't do my PT and now whenever I lift heavy things or do pushups the next day the pain is sooooo bad, it's like arthritis.

I don't know the details/facts so I can only speculate your situation. Keep with the Ibuprofen-- but know that your body needs a LOT of h2o to heal properly right now, especially with you taking medication. I would drink a jug if you can, take the Ibuprofen as recommended, and do VERY LIGHT feel-good stretches for the hips. If it's too much though, definitely stop.

Some hip pain isn't a big deal, but if it's so bad you can't even read or eat there may be a deeper underlying issue. If it's inflammation and goes away it's fine, but in my humble opinion, if it's chronic or doesn't go away in a few days, you may want to consult a physical therapist or licensed professional of some kind.

Hope you get to feeling better soon x

I'm sorry to hear about your hip pain. It's horrible when you feel so bad you can't do anything. My back makes me feel that way a lot. It's frustrating, but hopefully, it's only temporary. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm hoping this really is a one day thing. My workout is with a trainer, so I do stretch and warm up properly. I was on vacation for three weeks. The nearest gym was a half-hour drive away. By contrast, the gym near my house is a three block walk.

I took a leisurely walk to RedBox, and got some movies. I reheated my dinner, and I'm eating now. Maybe now I can do my dailies.

Really sorry you are suffering hip pain, I have back pain that can be crippling at times and so bad I feel faint and sick.

Can I suggest that you consider swimming for exercise as an alternative to working out, its far less pressure on the joints and no impact also little an often is better than doing lots all in one go

good luck :D

I'd love to go swimming, but it's the rainy season. The rain starts daily between 1pm and 2pm. You can almost set your watch by it. It doesn't help when I have errands like the drugstore or grocery store.

hip pain is the worst. :( i spent the past year recovering from joint dysfunction because it took so long for me to go to the doctor. i still need ibuprofen some days. i honestly think that bone pain is the worst kind because it reaches so deeply and it's difficult to not move your hip. :\

• 3 weeks later...

I still need ibuprofen some days. I keep the stuff in my purse for when I'm out. I try not to let it get to me, but it does once in a while. :(