Bad words?

Screaming_Peasants

So I made a siggy a while back that contained "TerminallyCapricious" and got a warning.
As of yesterday I have a siggy that says "Scandalous" in it. Would that be a banned word?

the whole siggy is
"Can you handle us?
Soul cool baby, scandalous."
It's Soul Evans' theme in the anime Soul Eater.

I would like to know if it might get a warning before I use it.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

sorry about your warning :/

my general rule is- if you have to question it, it's best not to say it at all

I don't really know what that quote means, but it doesn't hurt to change it to something you know won't be questionable. That way you won't have to stress over it :)

Sorry about your warning.
Be a sunflower in those sigs and you'll be fine :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not remove mod edits.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Then again, I like that anime. Any anime with Johnny Yong Bosch in its cast always gets my attention. ;)

I really don't see what's wrong with TerminallyCapricious. I guess they don't like Homestuck references.
Technically, mentioning Homestuck is mentioning another site though, and that's against the rules.
Personally, it sounds like someone either likes Homestuck and therefore know you were referencing it (which is really piny niny) or they don't like Homestuck and decided to take it out on you.
Being "terminally capricious" is arguably a "real world problem", but they are not bad words.

ANYWAY, I wouldn't risk that siggy you're thinking of just in case. You're going to have to find a dramatic hipster phrase like everyone else.

Pascalla - My understanding is that both words (terminally which means at the end/is used in conjunction with illness a lot, and capricious which can mean sudden/unaccountable changes of mood or behaviour) can relate to mental illness, or bipolar disorder, and mental illness of any form shouldn't be discussed on neo.

As for scandalous... I'm not sure. It doesn't directly mean anything banned on Neo, but as Shelley's said if you have to ask, maybe it's just not worth risking another warning/silence/ban over.

Regardless of whether it's an innocent quote or not, if it could have an ulterior meaning in any way, shape or form, then it's best to avoid putting it into your neo signature.

Thanks everyone for your input!

I think I'll either take out the word scandalous or make a new one altogether :D

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.