When Idioms Go Awry

Hey gang! :D
Please consider casting your vote(s) my way in this week's CC.
You can vote once every 4 hours and EVERY vote is very much appreciated.
Looks like things aren't quite right in Kiko Lake.
Here is my personal favorite that was NOT chosen this week:

~

Goldy: So why is this part of Kiko Lake called Sandy Bottom?

Yellow Kiko: Really?

~

My sense of humor does not always fly with the CC judges. /snicker

Hope everyone has a great weekend...

Cheers!

tongue.gif

By fullonparanoid:
Bruce: I always thought that the apple didn't fall far from the tree... what is that one doing in Kiko Lake?

Direct link to vote for fullonparanoid: HERE

Thank you, Shelley and Marr! :D

I still like my Sandy Bottom caption mo'betta...I figured it was just naughty enough to be funny but still get past the judges.

Ah well. /grin

I wish the CC wasn't so behind on prizes >.<

I hear ya...I have several coming my way once they start doling them out again.

The last contest that got trophies/prizes was 1349.

This week is contest 1366.

/pout

They caught up with the Poetry Contest prizes last week...so, hopefully, CC is next on their list (I'm not holding my breath though)!

Cheers!

:P

1349? that was so long ago D: thanks for the info on that

that's cool to hear that they caught up with the poetry contest though!! That means the CC must be in their thoughts as well. who knows though. At least you know all your hard work will pay off sometime down the road ;)

Thank you, Shelley and Marr! :D

I still like my Sandy Bottom caption mo'betta...I figured it was just naughty enough to be funny but still get past the judges.

Ah well. /grin

I hear ya...I have several coming my way once they start doling them out again.

The last contest that got trophies/prizes was 1349.

This week is contest 1366.

Wha?? I won third place at the CC number 1364 and I got my prize right after that! It was a Ghost Petpet Paint Brush...

(I participated in the Brazilian CC tho. Is that supposed to make a difference on how they handle prizes?)

Wha?? I won third place at the CC number 1364 and I got my prize right after that! It was a Ghost Petpet Paint Brush...

(I participated in the Brazilian CC tho. Is that supposed to make a difference on how they handle prizes?)

Yup, apparently it is only the English CC that is behind with the trophies/prizes. Bummer, eh?

Yup, apparently it is only the English CC that is behind with the trophies/prizes. Bummer, eh?

I guess the Dutch one it late with prizes too, at least the storytelling contest. I thought I'd never get my prizes so I submitted a ticket and they told me 'something went wrong', haha.

Oh, one more question. How is it exactly that you know TNT is behind with prizes? How can you tell that with English CC the last one that got prizes was 1349? I looked at the entries, and more recent ones, but it all looks the same to me, haha.

Thank you, Bibii and Marr! :D

Any thank you to everyone else who has cast their votes my way over the past couple days....please keep 'em comin'!

They are, to a one, very much appreciated. /smile

Oh, one more question. How is it exactly that you know TNT is behind with prizes? How can you tell that with English CC the last one that got prizes was 1349? I looked at the entries, and more recent ones, but it all looks the same to me, haha.

Well, the reason 'I' know is because I am owed a fair number of prizes and trophy multipliers.

I can look at the CC Archives and see that I received a prize for image 1349...but not for 1350 or any other win since.

The way others can find out is by looking for boards about the CC. I know that in Charter there is a board called 'Contest Prize Waiting Room' . Discussions there include commentary from folks who have won various contests and whether or not they have yet to receive their trophy/prize. Reading those type boards will keep one up to date on what is going on with the CC (and the Poetry Contest).

I am hoping that they will soon start catching up because they caught up with the Poetry Contest prizes last week. There are a lot of folks who have 1st time wins in the CC and have no trophy to show for it. I think that the trophies are more important than the prizes for just that reason (don't get me wrong...I miss the prizes too!) :D

/fingers crossed

Cheers!

Thank you, Tivsy! :D

Thank you, also, to everyone else who has cast their vote(s) my way in this week's CC. Each vote is very much appreciated!

Please continue to send them my way...you can vote once every 4 hours and voting will most likely remain open until tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.

Y'all have been awesome...

Cheers!