Ok, so I've been playing Neopets since it first made it's appearance online, around 2000. I haven't really had many goals besides to reach the 'Ultimate Riches' mark on the National Neopian Bank, and I'm just a few thousand away from reaching that mark. So now what? I guess I'm just wondering what anyone else would do after this point. Even though I've been playing Neopets for so long, I feel as if maybe I've been missing out on things that perhaps I should have been doing. Any thoughts? Please and thank you:)

It's pretty impressive to try for the Ultimate Riches mark! Good for you! I hope you make it and it sounds like you're almost there.

Like slavecrown said, try and figure out what it is that you enjoy most about your time on NeoPets and go with that as a goal. Do you like the games? Then try for all the trophies. What about the contests? Have you managed to enter and win things like Customization or the Beauty Contest? Do you like the Neopian Times? Have you written an article for it or maybe a short story? What about going for as many avatars as you can get? Completing a NeoDeck? Maybe you like the Battledome and can go for the highest levels of valour? What about the book reading award? Once you've achieved that Ultimate Riches rank, you can spend a load of NP on books and have the smartest Pet in Neopia.

Once you know what it is that you like to do most on the site, look for what you can achieve in that area. Good luck and have fun! :)

I have been on neo pretty much from the start too so I know that at times you sit and wonder what next??

I have collected avatars

collected stamps, cards, similar items (snow globes)

set my self np goals per month and per year

trained a battle pet up

made a neohome

got a habitarium up to 50 and kept it running so I could help others

joined a guild which offers different challenges and little games

I do the different site events when they come along

look for new items for my gallery

Im not bored yet and am still finding new things to do, I intend to have a go at the gourmet thing at some point but am still busy with other stuff just now

I would probably spend on some new paint jobs and customizations! :) Looks like you're already training one of your pets, maybe continue with that.

Collecting avies can be time consuming and expensive, but really fun and addicting.

Also I see you're an artist? :) have you tried getting into the art gallery/beauty contest/neopian times (cartoons)

on a side note: you do tattoos?? awesome :D I was actually pondering the idea of that as a job at one point, but I don't have the connections lol

also you can start stamp collecting! That's a VERY expensive hobby lol

OMG, neopia has too much to get bored. That is great that you have almost reached the Ultimate Riches. That is my goal too so I rarely spend neopoints. However, I also fight in the battledome and need decent weapons and healers. So I have had to splurge on a bronze scorchstone then the greater healing scroll. I train my pet as well but I have been lucky enough to win dubloons in my dailies and codestones while fighting in the battledome. One goal is to forever increase my pet's stats. I collect avvies and cards for my neodeck. I have started a Pirate themed gallery. Now I am working on game trophies. I have completed Neoquest II on normal mode and I am just about finished with Evil. Keyquest gives you rare items too. You can also set a goal to have the biggest/best store in Neopia.

That being said, you can set 1 goal and keep working on it until you achieve it then move on. Or you can simultaneously work on several goal at once, as many of us here are doing. A big bank account is nice, but you need to have a goal in mind to accomplish WITH those NP or those efforts are fruitless. You can build a bad neohome with all those NP and it could be featured in the neohomes spotlight. I believe you win NPs and a trophy although I have never entered any contests.

Have fun and relax, that is the most important thing. Good luck reaching all of the goals you set.

I heartily recommend all the activities mentioned. (I know I've asked about this sort of thing before...or maybe my last thread like this was more of, "What to collect next?")

If you want an easy flash trophy, I suggest Ugga Drop...it's mostly patience. (I started to write a UD trophy guide as part of a content app here, and then realized I probably only wanted to be on staff just for the userbar and the coolness. :P :D :laughingsmiley:)

I like to keep a list of things I'm hoping to accomplish, that way when I scratch one thing off I always have something to move onto - it keeps me from getting bored :) Right now I'm working on avatars and some customization.

Very cool, all of the ideas mentioned are worth trying:) Thank you kindly for all of the input, it actually helped my direction quite a bit. I started collecting petpets, so maybe I'll continue that on and then move onto something else. I think anyone who plays the game for any good amount of time finds something that keeps them coming back to the site:) Thanks again everyone!

Petpets! There are a lot of those to collect! Some are pretty expensive. I don't know how much the Candychan currently costs (none in the AH and all on the TP are "mail offers"), but several years ago, they were something like 33m+.

If you wanted to, you could make a gallery of all the petpets out there (unpainted or one of every color) and enter it in the gallery competition...that's two goals in one! :D