FIFA World Cup 2014

leverhelven

Man, Costa Rica deserved to win SO bad. I thought Holland would basically stomp Costa Rica to the ground, but they resisted till the very end. Amazing, amazing show! I was rooting for them almost as much as I root for my country, and I actually felt like crying when they lost.

Oh well. Hope Holland stomps Argentina now, mwahahahaha!

Germany has been playing like a well-oiled machine and I think Brazil's morale took a hit after Neymar's injury. I still think it should be a good match and you guys still have a terrific goalie (anyone else get the feeling this WC has been all about GKs and defense?) so who knows.

Edited BECAUSE OH MY GOSH WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE HOW IS THIS EVEN FREAKING POSSIBLE.

Edited BECAUSE OH MY GOSH WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE HOW IS THIS EVEN FREAKING POSSIBLE.

What just happened D:

Did I just see that?!?!?!

I dozed off right before the match began and when I woke up OMG WHAT IS IT GERMANY 5 BRAZIL 0 WTH

They actually scored 3 goals in 5 minutes. My Mom actually thought they were just replaying previous goals, but no.

Well, suffering an humilliating 7 x 1 is probably a nice way to be eliminated from the Cup in our own home.

-NOT

Germany beats Brazil ............ Reaction of most people : mmmmm ok .. that was expected ...

........................................................... 7 - 1 :

Reaction surprised-baby.jpg

They actually scored 3 goals in 5 minutes. My Mom actually thought they were just replaying previous goals, but no.

4 goals in 6 minutes and my little cousin thought so too !!!! i came back home and passed by them (they're our neighbors) to see how they're handling it and he was very upset but not crying ... and he told me the same .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cuz the 3rd , 4th and 5th were almost a carbon - copy of each other !!!!

4 goals in 6 minutes and my little cousin thought so too !!!! i came back home and passed by them (they're our neighbors) to see how they're handling it and he was very upset but not crying ... and he told me the same .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cuz the 3rd , 4th and 5th were almost a carbon - copy of each other !!!!

I know! I was neutral going into the match so I just wanted it to be competitive. Goals 2-5 I was like D: It was brutal! 23min, 24min, 26min, 29min.

Well, since we made such jokes of ourselves, I might as well share with you the best jokes about that poor excuse of a game I've seen around:

"My television's broken, it's repeating Germany's goal over and over!"

"Guys, let's change the channel to Discovery Channel, there's a documentary on World War II and Germany loses in it!"

"Well at least Brazil didn't lose two World Wars"

And the memes (in spoilers because there's lots of images)

On the Cup's symbol:

sem-titulo-8.jpg

"The trophy stays"

10526024_1496869193883192_87755403182554

Sad, sad:

10320280_1099020970138118_65188090896426

Merkel's happy...

BsDRQItCYAAPfUE.jpg

"I see goals from Germany"

"How often?"

"All the time"

10330379_932606806767545_245763081126499

And our poor flag...

meme5.jpg

I watched the replay with some friends after hearing what happened. When the Brazilian team stepped on the field, we said: "You guys have no idea what you're in for."

When they showed the shots of fans crying though, that broke my heart. :(

Ahhhhhh! Oh my gosh! My precious Argies are going to the finals! ^_____^ Mascherano and Romero are Argentinian heroes! And honestly, I'm getting a little tired of people saying "Argentina has Messi, Germany has a team." Have they seen the past two games? Messi barely did anything in those matches. That was all Argentina! I'm so proud of each and every one of them! That penalty shootout was nerve-wrecking and I hope it never has to come to that again.

By the way... Who's Brazil gonna cheer for now? One of their biggest rivals or the team that practically murdered them with 7 straight goals? :P

Messi barely did anything in those matches

you're wrong .. Messi's part was essential on a tactical level ..... yes Mascherano works the hardest and fights for every ball .. and yes Romero saved two penalties .. but Messi's role behind the attackers is to attract the defenders to him due to his exceptional skills thus creating spaces for the rest of the team ... he doesn't run much but he touches the ball more than anyone else in the team and creates the most number of chances .... I might get into all the tactical jargon but I don't want to bore you :)

By the way... Who's Brazil gonna cheer for now? One of their biggest rivals or the team that practically murdered them with 7 straight goals? :P

That's indeed tough... Many people prefer Germany over Argentina, believing that it's a little less humiliating if you have lost to the very Champion. Also, Argentina winning a World Cup IN OUR HOME?! Now THAT'S something they'd never let us forget. So... Go Germany, I guess. :P

But then there's the (small) other part that says something like: "Come on people, it's like this: I don't get along with my brother, sometimes I even hate him, but I'd rather see him winning a competition than see my much-richer, much snobbier, unrelated neighbour win. So, go hermanos!"

...Yeah. Hm.

I'm cheering for Germany because reasons.

AKA because my entire name is VERY German-sounding. Like, very. Like, profs get confused when they meet me in person. First name is Karla and both my last names (yay Mexican names) are German, one in particular made veeeery famous by a certain book.

Also I took German when I was 10-12 years old and to this day call my mother "Mutti"

you're wrong .. Messi's part was essential on a tactical level ..... yes Mascherano works the hardest and fights for every ball .. and yes Romero saved two penalties .. but Messi's role behind the attackers is to attract the defenders to him due to his exceptional skills thus creating spaces for the rest of the team ... he doesn't run much but he touches the ball more than anyone else in the team and creates the most number of chances .... I might get into all the tactical jargon but I don't want to bore you :)

Ooh yeah, definitely. But to the average eye, he "barely did anything" because people expect him to score like a shining star striker when he's being relegated to midfield work due to Di Maria's loss and being marked each time by, let's face it, a whole opposing team. Haha. "Barely doing anything" in that he plays a very low-key role on the pitch that people tend to overlook (such is the life of a midfielder). I just feel defensive over Argentina's capacity as a team, I guess, especially when they're being compared to Portugal and their "always pass to Ronaldo" strategy.

unfortunately this is modern football which relies most on tactics and not just skills and scoring 1000+ goals like pele ... these days football is played on the small details ...

did you see the two balls he passed to (Higuain?) & Palacio and they missed ?! he's incredible ..

AKA because my entire name is VERY German-sounding. Like, very. Like, profs get confused when they meet me in person. First name is Karla and both my last names (yay Mexican names) are German, one in particular made veeeery famous by a certain book.

Oooh, now I'm super curious! Its it Frank? :P

Anyhoo, just thought I'd share this super sweet moment of the Brazil x Germany match:

"Yesterday Brazil was eliminated from the World Cup. Their loss to Germany was pretty brutal, and soon photos of distraught Brazilian fans went viral.

You probably saw the photo on the left, but no one is showing the photo on the right which happened right after. This Brazilian fan handed his trophy to a German fan saying "Take it to the final! As you can see, it is not easy, but you deserve it, congratulations."

Pretty stand up dude."

10502110_10152187196986752_8063149065882

(taken from a FB page)