Strange/Odd/Weird Things About Us

Novelista

I don't care how strange...hit me!

• I sometimes dip a spoon into sour cream and just eat it straight. Also, Breakstone's is very good sour cream. Some creams, like Daisy, is just "meh". (Maybe that's why Daisy advertises like absolute insanity...because they know they suck!)
  • I once went outside and danced in the rain, including getting soaking wet under the eavestrough, which had gone waterfall on me. I loved it, but my mother was highly peeved. xD
  • When I got my tetanus shot in 2012, I shamelessly took my "shot buddy" with me. biggrin.png (If he's in my profile pic, I can't see him.) He has a name--given to him by the manufacturer--but since he only comes out when I get vaccinated, I don't know what it is!

I snuck my hand into my purse to squeeze him when I got a TB test in 2005, so I'll be sure to do it again when I go for my next test/round of shots for school. tongue.png

• I'm ready to go stick a knife into the cream cheese just to have some. (I usually do that with Nutella, but that's not what's calling to me. :P )

~*~

This isn't a "do", it's a "believe".

I used to hear Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like a Lady" as "Do it Like a Lady". (Partially because of it playing during the vacuum scene in Mrs. Doubtfire, I'm sure.) :P

• I sometimes dip a spoon into sour cream and just eat it straight.

I do this too!

- I can dance for HOURS in front of a mirror, alone in my room.

- I can't stand not shining my black leather shoes when I wear them.

I eat the sides of either a burger or a sandwich first because those the are the least tasty parts. I eat the rest after that.

When it comes to spring rolls....I eat the insides first before I eat the wrapper.

-I dance in random times when my body feels the beat.

-I talk unnecessarily...too much when there's an awkward silence.

-I also break into a song sometimes (seems to be a genetic thing cuz most of my family does that...a lot.)

I always eat the crust off my pizza first, and then the rest. lol

I eat the sides of either a burger or a sandwich first because those the are the least tasty parts. I eat the rest after that.

These are normal. I do it too (for most food -- cookies, calzones, end brownies, etc.). When I eat an Oreo-type cookie, I take the top off, eat around the outside, do the same to a second, and then make a sandwich (even if it's already "double-stuffed"). My family used to sometimes get chocolate-iced pudding-filled doughnuts, and I'd flip it upside down, eat away most of the doughnut part, and then roll the pudding and residual doughnut in the chocolate -- it tasted just like an éclair.

I don't really like crusts -- bread crust, pie crust, etc. When my dad and I are eating bread together, since he prefers the crust, we'll each quietly put the part we like least on each other's plates. Sometimes I omit the crust when I'm baking a pie (since it's often the least healthy part) -- especially for pumpkin pie and frozen limeade pie.

I sometimes add sound effects when I'm doing things (though I've tried to stop doing this once a friend pointed it out in college). All 5 of my siblings do this, too, though I can't remember either of my parents doing it, and occasionally, when more than one of us is doing the same menial task together, we'll all start making the exact same random sound effect at the exact same time (once there were 3 of us who did, and we all stopped and looked at each other and shrugged, like "I don't know where that came from").

If I ever go to Burger King or Wendy's and I get a slushie or frosty I usually end up dipping my fries in whatever I got and eat them that way instead of ketchup. Also I always end up putting things in my room a certain way and it always bothers me if they aren't where they should be. Also sometimes I spend at least 5 to 9 minutes trying to keep the closet door closed because there's just one side that refuses to stay closed. Oh yeah and also sometimes I talk out loud about what I plan on doing for the day even though no one's with me.

I sometimes add sound effects when I'm doing things (though I've tried to stop doing this once a friend pointed it out in college).

I do this, too! Actually, I never thought anything of it; my SO comments on it because it makes him laugh, but I didn't think it was strange or out of the ordinary! xD

If I ever go to Burger King or Wendy's and I get a slushie or frosty I usually end up dipping my fries in whatever I got and eat them that way instead of ketchup.

I also thought this was normal xD All the kids back home did this, all the time (it's pretty delicious!).

If I'm walking back to bed in the middle of the night, I pretty much do a superman dive from the corner so that I don't have to walk right by the bed (where something can reach out and pull me under).

I have kinda a phobia of tiny cut hairs. So when I go get a hair cut I HAVE to take a shower as soon as I get home. When ever my boyfriend shaves or trims I have to make him take a shower or I will freak out about the hairs. I have a a hard time breathing and everything because of it.

I also eat peanut butter on bananas. I don't think its weird but I've had roommates say its really weird.

I fantasize about what my Neopets would be like (their personalities, likes, etc.) and, more recently, my favorite video game characters. Right now, I'm really into all of the Harvest Moon games...And whenever I play, I always, always call my character Kylie (or Kyle, if it's a boy). Same goes for Animal Crossing. She's always called Brynn. I even adopted a Neopet called Kylie_372 and dressed her up like a farmer. :cowboy:

Kylie's kinda crazy...Brynn's the more sensible one. You know, if they could ever meet face-to-face. o_O

When I eat something tasty I wiggle/dance
After a film or tv show or something I'll clap, even if I'm on my own

I break into song from words people say, which reminds me of another song so I sing that, then another etc.
I name pretty much everything and give it a personality, so when things break or I lose them I get really upset XD

I eat crumpets edges first, then the top, then the middle, then the bottom and do similar things with a lot of food

Urrm... that's all I can think of for now XP

I can dance for HOURS in front of a mirror, alone in my room.

I don't need the mirror...I just dance! (Unfortunately, I have a weight problem so I get out of breath pretty easily. :P )

If I ever go to Burger King or Wendy's and I get a slushie or frosty I usually end up dipping my fries in whatever I got and eat them that way instead of ketchup.

When I worked at Wendy's a dozen years ago, the employees were doing "frosty fries", too. I almost prefer what we were doing in Ireland, though: fries in mayo. :D

If I'm walking back to bed in the middle of the night, I pretty much do a superman dive from the corner so that I don't have to walk right by the bed (where something can reach out and pull me under).

*gigglefit*

I have kinda a phobia of tiny cut hairs.

I don't have a phobia, but I hate it so much after I get my hair done that I turn my shirt inside out and use the lint roller on it. Fortunately, I'm blonde and usually wear black shirts, so my hair is easy to see.

I also eat peanut butter on bananas. I don't think its weird but I've had roommates say its really weird.

Apparently, your roomie isn't familiar with the fact that Elvis loved fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. :D

I used to eat hummus with a spoon without pita chips or veggies.

You can't get into the nooks and crannies of the hummus container with most dippables, so I generally use my finger. xD

One thing I've been doing for quite a while and never really paid attention to...if there's a burger I like, I'll save a bit for the end and finish all the fries or chips first. I noticed it today when I was finishing my olive burger and thought, "Have to report that!" :D

• 3 months later...

I'm a hypochondriac. I just convince myself that I have a lot of things. I go on yahoo answers before I sleep and search up hypothetical real life situations and it is actually entertaining and helpful for future reference :)