Heavy Robe of Thiervery

Hey!

I have a Heavy Robe of Thievery but I do not have the necessary Agility to use it. Do you think it is reasonable to train agility though the item is glitched? Will they ever fix it, what do you think? Its glitched for a pretty long time as far as I know. What do you recommend?

Is stealing meaningful at all in the arena? I never use a stealer at all and I do not know when it would be smart to do so. (I do only 1 Player Battling at the moment)

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have the heavy robe of thievery, and it has helped me beat opponents I otherwise would not have. For example, the mootix warrior has a shield that makes him indestructible, but it's amazing to get to wear it! And I've managed to steal a king's lens, among other things. (I only battle 1p). It was useful in the plots. The nice thing about it is that TNT changed it in the new BD to steal a random item instead of the item in the first slot (which means sometimes you might steal junk and lose, but every few battles, you can get lucky and beat someone you shouldn't be able to).

It might be that TNT didn't mean to change the weapon stolen to a random one, and that's why they inactivated it. If so, I don't think it'd be particularly useful in 1p anymore since the enemies usually have junk in their first few slots. And I would presume that most experienced 2p battlers likewise keep their least important weapons in the first slots (or will again if this weapon goes back to stealing the first slot) -- although for elite battlers, even their "least important" weapons could be very nice (or they'd have to leave one out to replace it with junk, once they know you have the HRoT).

So... is it worth spending the NP on training movement when the weapon might change and become less useful in 1p? I guess it depends on how much it would cost you in time and NP vs. other training you could do. I've always trained movement, because I feel like it should matter, and TNT could always incorporate it into the BD at some later point -- and so I want it ready. If that never happens, well, I barely had to train it anyway, thanks to the lab ray. If you use FQ cookies and the like, you could slowly train your movement that way. (My friend has gotten a few movement points from the Coincidence, too).

I haven't used my HRoT much, but I did a fair bit during the Obelisk War against my faction's "surprise" Opponent. ;)

Stole his Prismatic Mirror a few times, and THAT was awesome! Because that item is not available to us Neopians. Like Siniri, I too battle 1p pretty much exclusively. I like that it's been randomized as to which item it will steal. There used to be SET stealing orders for items, and so it was hard finding olut all the different items an opponent would have. You would need a multi-stealer like Tornado Ring, to learn or steal more than one item per battle. Tornado Ring was retired before I started playing I do believe. lol

Anyway, since there's no battle-plot going on right now. You can just get agility as it comes, probably. Your Jetsam isn't too far away, as you only need 201 for the Heavy Robe of Thievery to work. To add to what's already been suggested, Kitchen Quests will sometimes give you 1 point of agility as a prize. Or 1 point of any of the other stats, except INT. Also, because you can also get JUNK from the Kitchen Quests. I recommend limiting yourself to about 5000np for the total cost of the items the Flotsam Chef asks for. You will be asked for either 3 or 4 items. If the combined cost of the items is over 5,000np. I recommend just letting the time expire and trying again.

You can do a maximum of 10 quests per day, this includes Kitchen Quests, and Snow Faerie Quests, Maybe Edna Quests and Esophagor. Those last two I'm not 100% sure about because I rarely do them. But they all add up. At midnight NST the counter is reset and you can do 10 more quests.

I hope this helps! :)

Thank you both for your statements!

So... is it worth spending the NP on training movement when the weapon might change and become less useful in 1p? I guess it depends on how much it would cost you in time and NP vs. other training you could do.

I train with one red codestone at the Hidden Training school at the moment. I don´t mind the costs but the time to be honest but I will consider training movement I think.