nightfall8705

The Senshi were my heroes growing up, and now, they are BACK.

My inner fangirl is so excited! Yay!

Digitally remastered, uncut, and with better audio than before... Hulu is streaming the Japanese version of Sailor Moon right now! The English dubs will be out in the fall, but for now, we can see the magic all over again and watch Queen Beryl and the Negaverse get stomped!

The entire series is being redone (all 200 episodes in the 5 arcs) and it will be seen as it was meant to be seen (in Japanese of course) and the icing on this Senshi cake is a brand new Sailor Moon anime called Sailor Moon Crystal.

This really makes me happy. It gives the new generation the chance to fall in love with the Senshi, and even the enemies (I'm looking at you Prince Diamond and Sapphire) and appreciate what us older folks grew up with and loved.

I'm also really glad to see so many people, young and old super excited that this is finally happening!

Are they doing a new series on Crystal Millennium or is it another arc? I'm SO excited to see them back, oh and Takeuchi is helping to produce it which is the BEST part. I saw the new costume designs and it made me super nostalgic for the old storylines. (I had a serious crush on Moonlight Knight as a kid.)

I heard that Crystal would be a completely new series, but I am unsure of how true that is. Don't quote me on that. I remember Midnight Knight too, he and Mamo-chan were pretty handsome, but then again, so were the bad guys, especially everybody in the Dark Moon Clan! I seem to recall Wicked Lady in that arc too. Chibi-Usa is much cooler as a baddie than a goody-two shoes. She was just too much pink and love and glitter to me! Anyway, some of the monsters in the first arc were pretty terrifying to little kids back in the day. I remember the first couple of monsters scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid, lol.

I'm so glad Naoko will be a part of this revamp too! I love her, and I hope the revamp gets an even bigger audience than the one it got before. :)

I, of course, watched them dubbed in Filipino as a child, so I have no clue what their English names are :P I only know them in Filipino and Japanese!

BUT I am super excited for this as well, since last year when I read about it. I can't wait!!!! :dance:

Can I just add that Chibi Chibi is the most adorable thing ever? The Sailor Stars Arc was definitely my favourite. (I'll even admit to writing fanfiction about it)

hwyg0g.jpg

English names for the Senshi are as follows:

Inner Senshi:

Serena - Sailor Moon

Raye - Sailor Mars

Amy - Sailor Mercury

Lita - Sailor Jupiter

Mina - Sailor Venus

Darien - Tuxedo Mask

Rini - Chibi-Usa/Sailor Chibi Moon

Cats: Luna, Artemis, Diana

Outer Senshi:

Amara - Sailor Uranus

Michelle - Sailor Neptune

Hotaru - Sailor Saturn

Trista - Sailor Pluto

Also in English, Naru is called Molly, Motoki is called Andrew (I think!), Shingo is called Sammy (I think!), and Umino is called Melvin.

I heard that Crystal would be a completely new series, but I am unsure of how true that is. Don't quote me on that. I remember Midnight Knight too, he and Mamo-chan were pretty handsome, but then again, so were the bad guys, especially everybody in the Dark Moon Clan! I seem to recall Wicked Lady in that arc too. Chibi-Usa is much cooler as a baddie than a goody-two shoes. She was just too much pink and love and glitter to me! Anyway, some of the monsters in the first arc were pretty terrifying to little kids back in the day. I remember the first couple of monsters scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid, lol.

I'm so glad Naoko will be a part of this revamp too! I love her, and I hope the revamp gets an even bigger audience than the one it got before. :)

I think I was more concerned that Chibiusa was fighting with Usagi for Mamo-chan's affection. I remember thinking it was kinda disturbing since he was her father.

Having you seen PGSM? The live action series is incredibly different than the anime/manga. It's so bad that it's good.

My friends have been going crazy over this! I have to admit..I never really watched it much..and I regret that. I'm so happy I have an opportunity to really get into the series and see what I missed out on! I will definitely be watching. :) Not to mention with not having a TV at college, Hulu is my best friend lol

Indeed, I did see PGSM. It was pretty bad, but I happened to like Dark Mercury from the series though! And Chibi-Usa annoys me to no end! Ugh!

The fact that you can watch it free on Hulu is just amazing. I've already rewatched the first 4 eps on Hulu. It takes a while to get used to Usagi's whiny voice again, lol.