Wheel Data?

Shelley

I've been spinning the wheel of excitement for years now, although not as vigilantly as I could. I have yet to obtain the avatar and was wondering if there's any data collected that reflects your chances of landing on certain spaces?

I have a neopets magazine (miss those days lol) that has an article about the wheels. It lists the probability of landing on all the spaces for each wheel but the magazine is ancient...I'm not sure if the information is even relevant anymore.

I would just be interested in seeing what the chances are of landing on the 20,000 nps space are..

or if you don't know, how long did it take you to achieve the avatar? (lol it's driving me nuts :S)

Hmmm, IDK, I got the avie the first time I ever spun the wheel.

Bah ha ha. I just had to say that. I am totally joking. I have been playing for 6 yrs, daily for 1 yr and haven't received it. I have given up on it as I too have received the avie for the other wheels too.

Hmmm, IDK, I got the avie the first time I ever spun the wheel.

Bah ha ha. I just had to say that. I am totally joking. I have been playing for 6 yrs, daily for 1 yr and haven't received it. I have given up on it as I too have received the avie for the other wheels too.

hahah I totally made a face when I read that XD I was about to go into a jealous rage haha

well I'm not glad neither of you had been able to get it...but I am happy that I'm not alone. It's a relief to see other have been struggling with it as well

I've seriously had all the other wheel avies since the beginning of time it feels like XD

I'm going to go pull out my neopian magazine and see what the percent chance of landing on the lucky slot was back in the day according to TNT

I got the WoE avatar before I really realized what avatars were. You can spin the wheel every two hours, and while I don't have stats on particular spots and their probabilities, I can tell you that on average (across 460 spins, at least), you win ~240 NP net from the wheel, so at least in the long term, you're not losing any money by spinning.

I can feel you on wheel avvie agony; it took me until last year to get the WoK avvie, and I spun that thing every single day from the time it came out (only missing it if I couldn't get on Neopets at all). I think they changed the probabilities for that wheel when they redid all the wheels, because I know a lot of people who suddenly got it in the year or two after the revamp after not getting it before -- and many of us have landed on the space multiple times now.

I may have read somewhere that it's been harder to obtain the avatar since the wheels got updated. I remember getting mine, years ago, not even really knowing what was going on! But again, it's something you'll want to remind yourself to do xD I struggled with the Wheel of Knowledge one the most, it look literally years for me to finally get it. Hopefully that's not the case for you :) Good luck!

I've got all the wheels except for Monotony. I've given up on it.

The 20,000 NP on Excitement I got on my first ever spin and never again in all my 7 NeoPet years.

The Excitement avatar was in the first year, but no idea how many spins it took. Somewhere around a hundred and fifty, I think.

The Extravagance avatar was pure luck. First spin. Stayed away from that wheel ever since. Not going to push it.

The Knowledge avatar was years. Many, many years of spinning. Five, I think.

The Misfortune avatar was my fifteenth or sixteenth spin.

The Mediocrity avatar was really fast, too. Seventh or eighth spin.

I hope that helps.

Although I'm not super on top of spinning it every two hours I try to spin it 2-3 times a day. I have found than it's generally more profitable than the other wheels so I don't really mind spinning it. I guess I just have to keep at it! thanks all :)

Shellyjoy, I believe if you spin the wheel at a certain time you have a better chance of landing on the 20,000. But you have to get it Exactly on the exact second. The fruit machine is the same way. I spun it at EXACTLY 8:30am nst and won a skunk paint brush. To see if it would work again I tried it again and again but couldn't do it for a couple of days but then.....wah lah, I did it, and got a rainbow paint brush. However, I have not been able to do it again since. IDK if I cannot get the timing right, or if it was a fluke, or I just thought that was time I needed, but both times it was 8:30am and 00000 seconds. I got the ptolymelons and won 20,000nps, battle muffins, and paint brushes.

Interesting! I recently won a paint brush as well from the fruit machine...but I didn't pay any attention to the time.. it was just a striped paint brush, but still exciting :p

I mean it's worth a try to attempt spinning at those times! :)