"It's all gone. Gone-diddly-on."

leverhelven

Yesterday I managed to tuck some half-a-dozen Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies inside my cart so I could save them and buy them later (when I had the NC for it).

Today they were gone from my cart. :sad02:

Neopets always let us keep things in the shopping cart. I even managed to save some Starry NC Fortune Cookies this way. They were still in my cart even after they got sold out.

So... what gives? Is TNT taking things away from your cart once they're sold out now? :crying_blow:

Just because something is in your cart doesn't mean it is yours. It is first come first serve.

It is like that in real life shopping too. Until you buy it you are not guaranteed it. Something can "show" in your cart, but if it is sold out, it is sold out period and when you go to buy it, it will be gone. I am not sure about your past items, but something like faerie quest fortune cookies are so much in demand, everyone would hoard them. If you cannot afford them right away, you will not be able to tuck them away in your cart. The cart is only to make shopping easier, not to save things from others. (not trying to be rude, just explaining how it works as I shop ebay and amazon frequently).

I believe this was a problem with FQ cookies when they were first released. They were rare, but people were hoarding them in their cart for the next release, so TNT did that to prevent the hoarding if I recall correctly.

It is allowed to store some in your cart until you get NC but I think they said if you have too many in there for too long, that's not okay?

It's been a while so it's a bit hazy but I'm sure there's an editorial question about it.

Just because something is in your cart doesn't mean it is yours. It is first come first serve.

It is like that in real life shopping too. Until you buy it you are not guaranteed it. Something can "show" in your cart, but if it is sold out, it is sold out period and when you go to buy it, it will be gone. I am not sure about your past items, but something like faerie quest fortune cookies are so much in demand, everyone would hoard them. If you cannot afford them right away, you will not be able to tuck them away in your cart. The cart is only to make shopping easier, not to save things from others. (not trying to be rude, just explaining how it works as I shop ebay and amazon frequently).

Except that keeping NC items in the cart ALWAYS worked.

I believe this was a problem with FQ cookies when they were first released. They were rare, but people were hoarding them in their cart for the next release, so TNT did that to prevent the hoarding if I recall correctly.

It is allowed to store some in your cart until you get NC but I think they said if you have too many in there for too long, that's not okay?

It's been a while so it's a bit hazy but I'm sure there's an editorial question about it.

Yeah, but I only had three, so it was kinda disappointing... :/ I'm gonna search the editoral archives for that, thank you!

Ohh, then I don't know. I assumed you had 6 cause you said half a dozen. Maybe it was just a glitch.

Gash, I wrote that wrong. I had about half-a-dozen cookies, but only 3 were Faerie ones (the other were the Item Cookies which are on sale). Funny thing is, the Item cookies stayed (even the Starry one, who got sold out), but the Faerie ones were gone...

Were they on sale at the time? I was thinking maybe it's because at the time they were on sale and aren't anymore. Otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Nope, I did this yesterday. Normal price! So frustrating... :(

The closest thing in the Editorial I could find was this question:

Hey, guys! I've been super pleased with everything about the site recently, but I have a question about the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies. I've noticed that people have been hoarding the cookies in their carts and then releasing them to traders or their friends, which I don't think is really fair. Also, some of them even say that they did it by accident, by always clicking the "Add to Cart" button and not paying attention. It seems pretty sneaky to me; do you guys have opinions about this one way or the other? (Please remove my username.) ~username removed

Hoarding cookies to ransom them or use them as leverage for a trade (or doing other sneaky things that we won't mention here) is not allowed at all. The only thing you should be doing is putting cookies in your cart that you intend to buy yourself. If you've simply put too many in your cart in a clicking frenzy, then release what you don't intend to buy and you'll be fine. If you're holding some in your cart for a couple of days until you get the chance to buy NC, then that's fine, too. However, anyone found doing otherwise will be visited by the monitors.

( http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=547 )

Things should have been fine because you were just waiting it out, but then again, this was ~2ish years ago. So either something glitched or they recently changed how it works. Best of luck to you in hopes that it all gets fixed!

See I think the whole shopping cart is ridiculous then. You shouldn't be able to "hold" the items until you get neocash. That is just wrong. I don't care what anyone thinks of me for saying it either. I have shopped on many big sites like ebay and amazon and I have things in my shopping carts only to go and check out and they are gone within a few MINUTES, let alone DAYS like you guys are talking about. A shopping cart is for the convenience of being able to check out all of your items at once, rather than clicking, checking out, going back and having to find the other item you wanted again, checking out, going back, and so on..........If you save an item in your cart, fine. If it is available, GREAT. But it should still be available to others, for purchase until you actually purchase it. That is the way life is. You cannot hold things without a down payment or deposit. That isn't right. Just my two cents.