The Death Knell vs. Moehog Skull, Anagram Combinations & New Weapons Questions

Hi there!

Just for the sake of curiosity.

I was wondering: Which is better: The Death Knell or Moehog Skull? I mean Moehog Skull offers more defense and a sure-freeze while The Death Knell offers 50% freeze but a much better offense? Any downsides to either weapons?

Also, what Anagram Sword combinations are best used in the BD - for 2p or 1p? I was looking to save up money to buy some but I am not entirely sure which ones I should save up to get (because species resistances are not currently active in the dome).

Also, are there any notable weapons that came out recently? Anything from the Hidden Tower I should note? Other cove items? Prizes from plots? :D

Sorry. I was gone for a while (like during the Obelisk Wars and then a month before those started or something like that). I wanted to update myself in case I missed anything =)))

Hey, nice to see you back! :)

For the Battlepedia weapon updates, I think it'd be easiest to find what new weaponry has been introduced by going through this forum.

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/forum/120-battlepedia-news-updates/

I'm looking at Both Death Knell and Moehog Skull. I would say The Death Knell is probably the better item of the two. I know, I'm usually talking about having a strong defense, but the Moehog Skull, (Another item I will never own) is only once per battle. And while it is a Triple Duty. 100% Freeze is nice, however, the defense might not be useful depending on who you are fighting. It'd probably be MORE useful in a 2p battle over a 1p battle. Especially if you saved it as a trump card. To be played only if you needed a quick save. The offense is pretty good too. But then, That price tag. YIKES!

As for The Death Knell... 18 icons of tricky to block damage, MULTIPLE use, unless it freezes and then you'll need a backup weapon to take over when it freezes. But an anagram sword should fill that hole quite well.

As for your other questions regarding 2p, Since I don't generally, or even occasionally, 2p battle, I don't know what I could really offer as far as real insight would be. As for changes to the HIdden Tower, I'm not sure if you heard, but Rainbow Clockwork Grundo was retired. I'm not 100% certain on new additions to the HT, but that link I gave you above should fill in for my momentarily lapsing memory. lol

Great to be back, Aqua! College is getting pretty interesting because majors are piling up. But I have some time for Neo :D

So The Death Knell is better for pets who can stand longer battles and Moehog Skull is a more effective bomb?

I heard and I was kind of devastated with the retirement of RCG. I would've loved to have one (and to have sold it for a profit).

Thanks a lot, Aqua!

So The Death Knell is better for pets who can stand longer battles and Moehog Skull is a more effective bomb?

That I really don't know as I've never had a chance to try either. Moehog Skull is considered probably the TOP Bomb because of it's triple ability. it's attack, defense and 100% freezing, but it's still once per battle.

I would like to try The Death Knell someday to see just how effective it is in various strategies. The info in the BP says that it has a 50% chance to freeze, and then it disappears. But, I would think that if you went several rounds with it attacking, instead of freezing, that you'd be attacking with 18 solid icons for those several rounds. Not too shabby. If used in conjunction with a faerie ability like Lens Flare or Warlock's Rage, You could potentially attack and freeze them for the following turn. (The ability to stop them from acting the current round due, and if lucky, freeze them for the following round due to the 50% chance The Death Knell allows.) All while hitting with an 18 icon assault, would be pretty awesome. :)

Then you'll want a weapon to take over after it would disappear. Again, for that I would probably recommend an anagram sword, or for a cheaper price of around 2.1million, possibly a Stone Foam Finger, Which does 15 icons to be a good secondary weapon.

Hope this helps.

As for your other 2 questions...I think for 1P dual Kelpbeards Trident is enough, except for challengers with water reflectors. Then you could go on using the other anagrams. For 2P Reif + Ari or Reif + Thlig I think, since fire is hard to block except for Clawed Shield and Frozen Cyodrake Shield. The HT light blockers have no defense against fire so I think it's good. Ari, despite having the mediocre Shield of Faerieland as it's HT shield counterpart, is still good since it doesn't offer much defense on the other types. Don't take my word for it though, I'm not well versed in 2P.

The only notable weapon recently from the HT is Fan of Swords. It deals:

earth.png 2.5
air.png 4.5
water.png 2.5
light.png 2.5
darkness.png 2.5
physical.png 2.5
physical_def.png 5

costing almost 17 million in the HT.

Penguinqwert has a great review on the weapon here: http://battlepedia.jellyneo.net/?go=showweapon&id=3781