Stuff to do in Habitarium?

agrinwithoutacat

So, I have enough houses to fit all of my P3s. I'm thinking I won't be building hospitals or barracks because houses do the same thing and it'll just take up space. I have five level 2 storage things which are all full of stone, wood, and mud now, although I guess I don't need it much until I need more houses.

I have my nesters nesting pretty much all the time, harvesting the eggs I don't hatch to keep on hand for when the living ones die. Right now my workers are harvesting pollen, water, and grass even though I don't plan to use it, just to give me some experience in the meantime.

Is there anything really to do other than amass resources and make more eggs? I don't want my whole area filled with storage and unneeded houses, but I'll never reach level 50 if I don't keep collecting resources for exp. I feel like I've reached a roadblock.

Should I just keep building things to use up the resources so I can collect more? Or what should I do?

It's a good idea to build different things because 1) you use up the resources you gather and make room for more and 2) you get exp after a building is finished, and again every time you upgrade you use up resources and earn exp. More exp = faster levelling = more monies at level 50. You can just discard them when you've maxed upgrades.

You don't need to store a lot of eggs, especially if you have enough of nests and nesters. Discarding an egg gives you +200 points so it's a good way to progress and level up as higher levels give you more space. I buy a lot of food and medicines for the P3s as those cost resources and are eaten by the P3s thus not just kept in my storage. Also, keep in mind that If all of your storage houses are full, the P3s will stop collecting resources and you won't progress - try to buy upgrades or things.

You don't need to store a lot of eggs, especially if you have enough of nests and nesters. Discarding an egg gives you +200 points so it's a good way to progress and level up as higher levels give you more space. I buy a lot of food and medicines for the P3s as those cost resources and are eaten by the P3s thus not just kept in my storage. Also, keep in mind that If all of your storage houses are full, the P3s will stop collecting resources and you won't progress - try to buy upgrades or things.

Be wary of storing too many eggs - a lot of people who are permanently locked out of habi because it won't load had pages and pages of eggs in storage - the theory is that having too many stored can cause problems

Thanks for the tips, guys! I guess I'll start building more stuff, then, and worry less about the eggs,

Be wary of storing too many eggs - a lot of people who are permanently locked out of habi because it won't load had pages and pages of eggs in storage - the theory is that having too many stored can cause problems

I didn't know that! I didn't plan on harvesting eggs forever, I have almost two pages right now and I'm getting to where I probably have enough until I hatch some of them. I'll be extra certain not to get too egg-happy now, though. I'd hate to get locked out after putting so much time into it.

RE Eggs: My strategy in always having a sufficient amount of workers/nesters/soldiers is to have 3 pages of workers, 1 page of nesters and 1/2 a page of soldiers of each species. Note that I only keep Mootixes and Pinchits. So I average 9-10 pages at any given time. So that should be a good baseline on what's a safe number of eggs to keep :) Any excess eggs I have after my p3s have cycled (meaning they've died and I've rehatched and refilled my stocks), I discard to earn exp.

My advice would be to build, upgrade, and discard as many houses as possible. It will use up your resources and give you exp points for building. And your storages won't get too full.

As for eggs, I personally keep 6 soldier eggs, 9 nester eggs, and 15 worker eggs of each type. Then it's 2 pages for each color by the time I've re-stocked up after my weekly hatching. I've never had a problem with too many eggs by having 6 pages.

As said above building upgrading and discarding gives you xp which is what you are trying to gather as much as possible. The best thing to do this on is nests because they are the least expensive in resources but give just as much xp when discarded, so you can keep your soldiers busy building rather than hanging around.

make sure you let your soldiers do all the restoring they are more efficient than workers and the workers are most efficient working they should be working non stop unless they are in the houses restoring their health etc

I never buy food, I just put all workers in houses and out again fed and ready to work. This leaves resources for building nests.

I keep my workers on stone wood and mud only, again most efficient, no need for water grass or pollen.

upgrade everything as soon as the option appears including your p3s

Never have more than 7 or 8 pages of eggs to avoid freezing, also make sure you clear all gems at level 50 regularly or an unexpected reboot could get you frozen out of habi - as I know only too well I had to start all over again back to 50 !!

Really you should only have two pages of eggs stored, a lot of XP will be earned by discarding them. Discarding eggs got me to lvl 50 in no time.

Edit:

I guess this would be a good thread to let TDNF know that I am an avid Habi player for the NP, and if anyone needs gifted or resource repairs daily feel free to request whatever you may need from me! (: I lapse about once every week or two for a couple of days and let it all fall to shambles, but I always get back on fix everything up, and take care of other Habi players. ^_^