Yay for a wonderful gift!

agrinwithoutacat

When I graduated 8th grade, my grandma gave me a ring she had received for her 8th grade graduation back in the early 1950's.

iHcXtON.jpg

I absolutely love it and wear it every day. I didn't graduate high school, getting my GED instead, but this May I will graduate college with a two-year degree. To celebrate that (as well as to celebrate getting my first job), my grandma sent me this.

p8pFrI5.jpg

The ring and bracelet are silver, and belonged to her mother. The ring fits perfectly, which surprised me as I have small fingers (the other one was resized before it was given to me).

I don't mean to brag, I'm just really excited to have gotten such a wonderful gift. :)

The rings are very beautiful, and I also love the shape of your nails! They're perfect for nail art <3

Thank you! :)

I try to keep my nails in line, haha, but I'm no good at nail art. I rarely even paint them at all anymore. Occasionally I'll try my hand at a french manicure and it comes out okay-ish, but that's it.

What lovely gifts to receive! The rings are stunning. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! ^_^

Thank you so much! :)

Aww that's so lovely! Congratulations on your graduation ^^

You have really pretty hands I'm jealous xD

They're beautiful! I especially love the first ring.

It's so nice having jewelry passed down. I love jewelry, but family heirloom jewelry has so much more meaning to me.

When my mom was 18, she decided she wanted a diamond ring and was going to buy herself a small one. Instead, her great-great aunts gave her one of theirs. It's an antique style that is 9 small diamonds set to look like one large stone. When I turned 18, my mom passed it down to me. I actually wear it daily with my wedding band since I never had an engagement ring, and it makes me think of her. (She's currently battling cancer, so it's an additional constant reminder of her when I see my hand)

Oh Gosh, both rings are just fantastic! Love how good they look on your hand too :)

Congratulations on your graduation!

Thank you so much!

They're beautiful! I especially love the first ring.

It's so nice having jewelry passed down. I love jewelry, but family heirloom jewelry has so much more meaning to me.

When my mom was 18, she decided she wanted a diamond ring and was going to buy herself a small one. Instead, her great-great aunts gave her one of theirs. It's an antique style that is 9 small diamonds set to look like one large stone. When I turned 18, my mom passed it down to me. I actually wear it daily with my wedding band since I never had an engagement ring, and it makes me think of her. (She's currently battling cancer, so it's an additional constant reminder of her when I see my hand)

Wow, that's really special! It's nice to have something to make you think fondly of your mom.

Lovely antiques.

And a job right out of community college! Huzzah! There are people with four year degrees (me, for one) who have trouble finding work. What will you be doing?

I'm a cashier, so it's something I could have done without the degree. It's a start, though, and I'm happy with it so far. :) I'm thinking of going back for a Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, but still thinking on it since I'd have to commit to another three years at least. One year back at the community college to finish pre-req's for transfer, and then two or three years full-time at a university.

Nothing wrong with a cashiering job (says someone who's been in retail a long time). :)

I think lab tech would be interesting, but I don't think anyone close to home has it--and I probably need to be decent with chem, too. :P

Congratulations! Graduating College is a great achievment. Your rings are to die for! I love old jewelry. Give me an antique over something new anyday, and the story that goes with the 8th grade ring will be one you can pass down to your children. Yeah!

Nothing wrong with a cashiering job (says someone who's been in retail a long time). :)

I think lab tech would be interesting, but I don't think anyone close to home has it--and I probably need to be decent with chem, too. :P

It does take a lot of chemistry. I'll need two semesters of Organic Chemistry just to transfer into the program. That's another reason why I'm still thinking on it. I can handle the math requirements easily, but I tried Organic Chem I a few semesters back and failed. I had health problems getting in my way, though, and wasn't taking advantage of the free tutoring through the school. I think if I put enough effort in, I could pass this time.

Congratulations! Graduating College is a great achievment. Your rings are to die for! I love old jewelry. Give me an antique over something new anyday, and the story that goes with the 8th grade ring will be one you can pass down to your children. Yeah!

Thank you! I like old jewelry, too. New stuff is pretty, still, but the antiques have a story behind them. I'm definitely passing that ring down to my daughter if I have one. If not, I'll have to hope for a granddaughter.

I had trouble with general chemistry and I think I misunderstood my school's tutoring policy. They said "go only if you have questions"...I didn't have questions; I just didn't get it. So I never went.

Unfortunately, I didn't find out until I had dropped out of the class that the president of the sorority I was interested in pledging was actually good at chem and could've helped me. *sigh* But: math. :P

wow nice gifts and congrats on graduating and getting a job! =D i wish my graduating ring was as pretty and significant as yours. My parents are from another country, so they have different traditions (no rings, proms, stuffs like that) so my only guidance were tv shows and movies (partial joke ;p)