Seven months since I sent a ticket~ No reply. Should I just give up?

Atta

My neopets account was frozen last year, and as soon as it was frozen I sent in a ticket from a new account.

I filled out the form perfectly, attached as many files as I had (Screenshots of random pages)
I even attached the images I entered into the Beauty contest, and told them the date I entered, which pet was entered, and what I placed.

I've done everything I can to prove that it was in fact MY account, so I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the ticket at all.
But still.... Seven months is a long time to wait.
And with this new event I feel like I'm missing out on quite a lot of action while waiting for my account to be returned.

I'm afraid to play games on my current account, as when/if I ever manage to get my Main back, What do I do?
Can I change it to a side account?
Or would I have to delete it all-together?

I'm really upset about the loss of my account
I spent so much of my pocket money, and time on the site

I'm just kind of afraid to get attached to the site again, in case anything happens again...

dont give up I have heard of people getting an account back after more than a year, its horrible that they dont deal with these things in a sensible time and I think this is one of the worse things about neopets.

A new company have just taken over neopets and they seem to be looking for feedback so with luck if enough people explain the problems they may start working on the backlog of tickets so you might get your account back

can I suggest that you send another ticket calmly explaining all of what you have said, also you might like to fill in the survey that the new owners of neopets are offering for people to give feedback.

really hope you get it back .. dont give up hope

Playing games on this account shouldn't be a problem since you're only doing so on one account. If/when you get your main back, just stop playing on this one or don't play on the old one. I can only imagine your frustration with the situation. Honestly I've heard so many nightmare stories like this and I just don't understand it. Why don't they want to help people - especially those who have paid $$ into it?! There's no excuse for them to take this long in addressing your issue (or not addressing it). None.

Like AJ said - remain calm even if your'e boiling inside. Don't give them an excuse to ignore you for an even longer amount of time.

I'm afraid to play games on my current account, as when/if I ever manage to get my Main back, What do I do?

Can I change it to a side account?

Or would I have to delete it all-together?

I'm really upset about the loss of my account

I spent so much of my pocket money, and time on the site

I'm just kind of afraid to get attached to the site again, in case anything happens again...

I've been in your shoes before. Have you tried following up on the ticket? After 7 months of waiting, I finally decided enough was enough, and that I needed to get something done. So I re-sent the ticket explaining the situation, along with the question "Is anything really being done?" Maybe they're wishing you've forgotten all about it and they can get away with it, following up will remind them that you haven't forgotten.

As far as I recall, you're okay to do "main" account things on a side account while waiting for your main to be unfrozen, just make sure you stop when you get your main account back.

It took them another month after I followed up when I finally got my account unfrozen.

Like it's been said, it can take up to a year, unfortunately :( Just wait it out....I am going through the same thing myself and like you, Im afraid of getting attached as I also spent money on my account that is now disabled (my account was stolen and the person got their account frozen while mine has been disabled, which is a good thing but the only thing Im not happy about is the wait period...)

just keep checking your ticket periodically..hopefully it will get resolved sooner for you

Would I have to delete my current ticket if I would like to send in a new one?

I'd think that they'd respond to the older tickets before new, But... From what I've heard they don't. ^^'

I'm just kind of confused about where to go from here.

I might start changing my current account into a main, But I'm definitely not spending anymore money on this site.

Under actions, you can click "Provide Additional Info" - this is what I did the last time and it did get a response - they asked me to submit a ticket again (probably to get it back on their current docket) and got a response quick enough. My last issue with my account getting frozen only took two weeks to get resolved, so it's not completely for nothing ;)

My friend is having an aweful problem with the ticketing system. All I can say is to keep trying and maybe luck will come your way. I don't know why you were frozen, but that could play a role in it? yeah I would go ahead and play games, participate in activities, do what you'd like on this account. I've never spent pocket money on neopets and I've enjoyed the site without it. It's too bad all that money had to go to waste though :/ best of luck to you