I'm sad :'(

Saxen

I entered my sandwich gallery into the spotlight a couple of weeks ago, but this week somebody else got in with one :'(

Their gallery does look better than mine, to be fair - but I has moar sandwiches!

Basically just wanted to whine since I now won't be getting in for at least a couple of years. Le sigghhh

Better luck next time :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (N. Prime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure your posts meet the 7 word minimum. Emoticons don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks guys, I hope so XP I think they must have compared our galleries and decided hers was better. Such sads. Oh well! Hopefully in a couple of years I'll have almost completed it (some sandwiches don't even exist anymore I swear) and it'll look so groovy they'll have to gimme the spotlight :3

Felt so crappy about this this morning I had to post aha

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Saxen. ;n; I'm sure it won't be years, if you make your gallery truly amazing!

I just had a look and I think yours looks fantastic, but maybe try making the layout a little more sandwich specific? Like, the title could have a stack of sandwiches next to it or something perhaps; like this?

tsas.png

Did you receive a rejection neomail? If not, they might still feature it later (without you resubmitting it.)

(This quote is about a petpage spotlight, but it's a similar situation.)

Hi, TNT! I recently submitted my Pet Page (neopets.com/~Terrorless) to the Site Spotlight. I was dismayed to see, a week later, that another user's page on the same topic had won! It seems that TJ and I went about our pages quite differently, though, even though both are about writing for The Neopian Times. I just wanted to ask: does this mean my page won't have a chance at being spotlighted, because there is so much overlap in info? ~swordlilly
Our Site Spotlight judge says she's quite aware of your page and that it's worthy of a spotlight, but that she's going to wait a while until spotlighting another page on NT writing. So, generally speaking, if you have a quality submission that is similar in subject matter to an entry that has won recently, then it doesn't mean yours won't win. It will, however, be a bit of a wait to put time between the entries.

when i saw the gallery spotlight winner , my first impression was "oh no . saxen" ... but it doesnt have to be 2 years ... it depends on the aesthetics ... my music gallery won even though several music ones won before it ... and it wasn't 2 years i think ..... anyway ... don't give up ... galleries are always fun , spotlight or not :)

Oh my!! Lauren that banner is wonderful - would you mind if I used it until I sort something out? (Will credit you of course ^^)

No I haven't received a rejection neomail, that's very reassuring! I can't imagine it being chosen anytime soon, but it's good to know I'm still in with a shot later on down the line :* thank you for that, Xepha :)

Aw thank you, Ashley ^^

Bless you, Angelo. Yeah it's true, I've had a lot of fun collecting! I've wanted the gallery spotlight for forever though, so this was a bit of a kick. Even if it is two years my gallery will be super awesome and super worthy by then hopefully :3

You guys are the best

Aww, I am so sorry, Saxen! I'm sure you won't have to wait that long though. :) By the time they want to feature another sandwich gallery, yours will be so amazing, and you'll definitely get in. :D

I hope so! That would be fabulous :*

By the way what happened to your account Rebecca?!? I saw you weren't in Aethia anymore and when I looked at your account it says disabled?? D:

Thank you very much :* Reckon that will definitely make it look a lot nicer! And I shall credit you because you're lovely :3