Help! My 2nd FFQ is driving me bonkers!

chelperk

So, I want a Mutant Draik VERY badly but I also want to obtain the Buzzin avie. I love collecting avatars but I'm so far behind everyone else [which I should be, since I've only played for 6 months after a ~10+ year hiatus]. Someone help me decide what to do! I'll gladly spend the NP to make a Draik but will I ever be lucky enough to get another FFQ? Decisions. I doubt anyone would want to trade a Draik for a Buzz.

Sorry for the spaz attack.

-takes a deep breath-

I have had the same account for over eight years and have only had one FFQ. I choose to get the avatar, but I also have my dream pets.

Personal I say get the avatar, because you can save to get the color. It may take a while but you may never get a FFQ again.

Contrary to what was mentioned above, you need a Draik Transmogrification Potion to get a Mutant Draik - those could cost quite a bit, and are quite rare, but you can save up for one if you set your mind to it :) I'd go for the avatar, personally, as it's less likely to get another FFQ than buy a draik TP.

But I thought I could get a Mutant through the FFQ? I'd save soooo much NP as I've seen the TP go for ~9 mil. I've seen a user get 12 or so FFQs over their 6.5 years on Neo. They had screenshots and everything.

No I mean you can't get a Mutant Draik with a Zombie PB :) Yes you can get mutant with an FFQ - my point is you're going to have to weigh your options. And it seems like you have, already ;) Seems like you don't want the Buzzin' avatar as much as you'd want a mutant draik. I did speak from personal experience, it's much easier for me to earn NP than to wait for another FFQ. But it'll always be up to you and what you think is best for your goals.

If I liked the Buzz as a species more, I'd be all for using my FFQ on one but it's not the case. I'm really struggling with this decision. Even my husband used a FFQ on a Buzz without much contemplation and isn't as big of an avie collector.

Maybe I should wait until he wakes up and see what he thinks too. I'm kinda stumped.

I used my first FFQ on a color for my draik and always worried that I'd never get another one. It was a couple years before I got another one, but it could have never happened.

If you aren't in a huge hurry for the avatar/draik, you could always turn in the item for the quest and hold onto the reward for awhile while you think about it. While you're waiting, you can save for the Draik Transmog, as well as hoping for another FFQ which will take care of the issue entirely. (Just make sure if that happens, you use the first FFQ before turning in the item for the second, or you'll lose the first one.)

I would pick my dream pet over the avatar.

When I got my first FFQ, I waited until I got a second FFQ to claim my reward. (So I got a dreamie and a Buzz for avatar purpose. I kept the Buzz too...)

As an avatar collector I would get the avatar, however I think you should make the decision for yourself and possibly use a little patience before jumping into everything so you aren't regretful of listening to a bunch of people on a forum, or not listening to a bunch of people on a forum =P We can give advice based on our tastes but in the end our happiness may not be your happiness.

A mutant draik sounds pretty awesome by the way, but as others have said it is definitely achievable if you save your NP, where a FFQ may not be. I've been playing since Neo first started back in the day, with one long hiatus but nothing more, and have NEVER received a FFQ in my entire time on Neo. Some people are lucky and get many. I just talked to a girl who had her second one in a short amount of time. You could be that lucky, too. Then again, maybe not. I don't know how long it takes for Neo to "retire" avatars but if they did retire the buzzin' one before you got another FFQ that'd be lame.

I wouldn't let fear dictate your decision, let happiness. (:

I don't want to sway you either way but I will tell you what I did when I got mine. I turned in the item and sort of forgot about it as I don't really have any dream pets that I could use for the FFQ. So I held on to it and eventually I used it to trade for an UC pet with a draik. Looking back on it I should have saved the FFQ and just bought the stupid PB that I had the np for and used the FFQ for the avatar. I am an avatar collector and with my 10.5+ year old account that was the one and only FFQ that I ever had...

If you have a dream pet that you want, make it, but remember you might get one every 10.5+ years and think of your goals if you do. Would you be annoyed if in a few years you decided to make a big push for the avatars and couldn't get this one because you haven't seen her since? If not you answered your question yourself. If so then give it some time. Sleep on it for awhile and hope to get another one so you don't have to make the decision and do both.

To Batman: I've only played for 6 months exactly yesterday and received my 2nd FFQ then so 10.5 years is def not the case for me. I talked to my hubs and he said that I should get the pet. ~9 mil is a ton considering I only have about 1.5 mil now so I'd have to work my buns off [it'd prob take me years] sooooo, idk! I'm still leaning more towards wanting the pet than the avie because I'm optimistic in getting another FFQ someone.

BTW, I used my first FFQ to make a Coconut JubJub but I lost him in a big n00b mistake.

I'm going to be patient in my contemplation still, and I'll let you all know what I decide to do!

EDIT: I saw a Baby Buzz and had to have one!