Pet description or not??

tinti

What do you think about pet descriptions? Do you have one, or do you just have the lockup code? Do you let them introduce themselves or are you describing them?

I love getting to know my pets and describing them. All my pets has descriptions (some needs work), a couple of them likes to blather so I let them introduce themselves, some not so much.

ETA: If I post this in the wrong forum feel free to move it.

On my pet lookups in their Description spot I plan on having a little story about each one. As well as artwork done by myself or friends. Currently I only have one of my pet lookups finished. I'm working on the next one right now, just having a little writer's block with her story. :)

That's great! I'd love creating my own lookups, but I suck at artworking and I'm not THAT good with html. I can create simple pages and with help of templates but that's it.

I just did simple descriptions of their personalities. Just a couple sentences in third person. :) I used to have some art of them on there as well, but then I morphed one of my pets and I didn't want to redraw him. XD

I use it to remind myself of what I still want to buy for them. :p

Like this for my Cloud Jub: Being in the clouds is a great feeling, the only thing left I want is a petpetpet for my Cummulus. I'm thinking a Strale would be nice.

I use it to remind myself of what I still want to buy for them. :P

Like this for my Cloud Jub: Being in the clouds is a great feeling, the only thing left I want is a petpetpet for my Cummulus. I'm thinking a Strale would be nice.

Now, that's useful! I wanted to design a lookup for every one of my pets, but I'm totally clueless about HTML logic. I need a guide for dummies o_O

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On my old accounts there are "family" stories. It was really popular in the old neopian days lol People would go on the boards to say their Neopets were single, married, etc so people neomailed each other pair up neopets and create family trees. But I guess some people were actually dating or something, so TNT banned everything. since I dont have access to those accounts anymore, I cant edit the descriptions, but you can still go on and it will say something like, "I'm married to [neopet name]" and it would link to their neopet's description.

On my stolen / disabled account, each pet had a "theme" and I tried to tie their description based on however I had them customized.

Since I dont want to get into that anymore, my current pet will just have times they changed color or species by the lab ray.

As for coding or layouts, I just keep it like it is because you never know how someone else's computer will handle it or if they will even see the look up the same way you do (different browser or numbers are wrong)