Koi Warrior advice

Hello! I'm fairly new to the battledome and I'm still trying to figure it out. I have heard that the Koi Warrior gives out a good percentage of codestones, so I'd like to start battling him for all of my daily fights, instead of the Chia Clown. I want to be able to fight him without having to constantly heal between battles or go to the Chia Clown to heal with a healer.

Here's what I've got (lab rat stats):

Level: 28

HP: 106

Agility: 21

Attack: 37

Defense: 9

Weapons I've been using:

Cursed Elixir

Downsize!

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Rusty Cleaver

Scroll of the Fool

Scroll of the Scholar

Here are my abilities:

Static Cling

Shade

Positive Thinking

An Icicle

I also have 110 different types of battledome equipment in my SDB...I guess its mostly from dailies or something. I don't know if any of it is good or not.

Firstly, you can always use the TDN Battlepedia to look up pretty much any piece of Battle Equipment.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/

Just input the name of the weapon in the search box, and press Enter to search and bring up the weapon in question. We have stats on most of the myriad of battledome weapons. ;)

Next, if you wish to know what would be best to equip for Koi Warrior. Check out out his 1-player profile here.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/152/

Click on his weapons and you'll see what they are capable of, and so you can plan what to equip once you've learned about the equipment you currently hold. Some items, like for the Koi Warrior, have weapons that only THEY can use. And are not available to us Neopians.

That being said. One more link I have for you is an article compiled for the Faerie Abilities.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/new-faerie-abilities/

The ones shaded in gray are the recommended abilities.

If your stats were stable/the same, I'd recommend something like Leaf Shield for earth water and physical defense, and maybe Flaming Oven Gloves for some Fire defense.

But, maybe just go for a Sophies Magic Hat, or Patched Magic Hat for earth and fire defense. perhaps even a Shiny Shoal Shell Shield for SOME water and earth protection.

Though in all honesty, I think you'll need to train your Strength and HP a bit more if you're just going to zap the pet and not work on Defense.

Your offensive weapons are decent. Though while Cursed Elixir's 20hp drain may be useful, I think you could sell it and save the np to invest later, or invest now, in something a bit more worth it. Perhaps buy a Greater Healing Scroll which heals 50hp, or Rejuvenating Jar of Brains that heals 60hp. Probably the Jar of Brains. I mean, it's 10 more HP for about another 100k np on the trading post, but It'd be pretty useful for some time with your pet.

Personally, I haven't battled Koi Warrior much since the new Battledome came out. I'D recommend Jelly Chia when your pet gets a bit stronger. I've had good luck with stones fighting him.

Anyway, I hope this info helps. Training is more important, imho, than just the weapons your equip. This last link should be useful if you don't already know about the boosts and their numerical levels.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

If you get your pet's strength to the 55 boost, (the next one on the list) Then your pet will do a bit more damage.

Best of luck!

My advice is to get to level 50 as soon as possible. Then get the faerie ability Lens Flare. You can still keep zapping, even if your level goes below 50, you won't lose Lens Flare. Your next step is to boost your strength. Can be tricky if you keep zapping because it is very frustrating to train then have it taken away by a zap. Right now, Scroll of Knowledge x 2 might be the best weapons to use. Also battle the S750 Kreludan Defender Robot. He gives out a good many codestones too, as well as armoured neggs and neocola tokens.

You can still keep zapping, even if your level goes below 50, you won't lose Lens Flare.

That's not entirely true. If your level goes below 50, you will not be able to use Lens Flare. However, once your level is again above 50, you will be able to use it again without needing to purchase it again.

Reference: Editorial #583

Thank you for clarifying, that is important to know! and I thought once you had trained for an ability you didn't lose it.

And another great one use weapon is the ultranova. It does damage and heals, which is nice for those starting out in the BD. Also, as they are given out as prizes, they are fairly cheap now :)

• 2 months later...

Raise your bd pet's level to 50 and get Lens Flare. I battle the Koi Warrior as my daily and he does tend to give out codestones and dubloons. He seems to give out better prizes if you challenge him on hard mode (90 hp).

Guest Sabs

I battle the Koi Warrior everyday. I usually average 6-7 codestones and some dubloons a day, and I battle him on easy. The Koi Warrior can be tough, so you'll need to work on your Strength and Defense. I agree with the others that you should increase your level to 50, so you can get the Lens Flare ability. This will help so much! I always use a healing scroll. Right now I'm using the lesser healing scroll which will heal your pet up to 25 hit points in the battledome. I'll be upgrading to the greater healing scroll soon. I often use the Scroll of Knowledge and Golden Compass together.

Your offensive weapons are decent. Though while Cursed Elixir's 20hp drain may be useful, I think you could sell it and save the np to invest later, or invest now, in something a bit more worth it. Perhaps buy a Greater Healing Scroll which heals 50hp, or Rejuvenating Jar of Brains that heals 60hp. Probably the Jar of Brains. I mean, it's 10 more HP for about another 100k np on the trading post, but It'd be pretty useful for some time with your pet.

I agree! I would consider myself to be a casual user of the battledome. I just started using it consistently a couple months ago so I am new to all of this as well, but I think the Greater Healing Scroll is one of the greatest assets in my battle set. Definitely worth investing in.

Hey, thanks for the great advice everyone! The lens flare really is the key. My original question has been answered, so this topic can be closed. Thanks.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.