Frozen for cheating at flash games, 2th account to submit ticket also banned

iauthopsy

All right, so I made a topic on the newboard but since TNT keeps on banning me for false reasons I have to go somewhere else.

I started playing two weeks ago. I used to play back in the days when I was around 11-12 but decided to make a comeback several years later. I mostly wanted to rack up as many trophies as I could, and I was on a pretty good pace, I earned about 8-9 trophies in two weeks, and my score was getting reviewed for another game. All good, right?

Then, I notice a guy, on one game that I have gotten silver, Advert Attack. He is still currently holding the first place despite obvious cheating by getting a 990 score. Which, if you played the game, you would know it's impossible, because it means he finished every round (10) in less than a second. You pressed on 24 ''Go'' in a second? Please, it's so obvious that it hurts.

I then decided to report it to TNT, explaining how it was impossible and all. A few hours later, I am actually the one to get frozen for cheating at flash games??? And no I did not cheat, beside using the codes like ''frumball'' on frumball games to get another life and things like that, you know what I mean.

I clearly stated the name of the cheater and to why I was led to believe he cheated, so they couldn't have mistaken my report abuse as a own admission of guilt from my own part.

The thing is, it's not like I had amazing scores either. I managed to get gold in frumball, and mostly silver/bronze on the rest.

Ok so I am like all right, let's create another account and send a ticket so I know what's the issue. I play some advert attack in the new account, getting scores of 830, 832, 829, something like that. Nothing amazing, just enough to get bronze. Scores being reviewed. That was the only game I played that day.

I asked, in the ticket, if I could prove that I can easily get all my scores back on this new account to get my real account back, to even film if they wanted it. The next day, my new account is frozen for cheating at flash games, AGAIN! I PLAYED ONE FREAKING GAME. Then I am just lost for words, I don't get it. What, on my computer, could trgger their cheat detector? Is it because I had teamspeak 3 opened? It is because I use adblock? Is it because I changed browser, going from chrome to firefox? I don't even know what to think.

They let obvious cheaters go while banning TWO TIMES a new player for false reasons. What [removed] is going on?

I created ANOTHER account, iauthopsy1, to send another ticket, and now I ain't playing any games till I get a reply. I could create another account, it's only two weeks old, but what's the point if I will get frozen again? Will I have to record every game? Is it april fool and nobody told me?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Is there any chance I can actually get my main account back? Have people gotten their account back after getting freezed for ''cheating at flash games'' when they understood it was a mistake?

You can try sending a ticket, if you haven't yet. Some people do manage to get their accounts back, but TNT is known to take months, sometimes a year, to answer tickets. So... :/

Wow I didn't know it was possible that happens :/ I'm starting to get a little afraid of TNT. It's really sad to see all dedication go away. Try to insist with them till they reply you, I guess.

Luckily all tickets I sent them were replied in one or two weeks, even if I didn't like the answer. One was for recovering an account I didn't go in years and other 3 about lutari beads. Still can't hear about that beads but well life goes on

I guess 1-2 week is pretty good considering some people wait for months.

I am gonna start another account while waiting for the respond, and I think I will have to record every game that I play from now on. It's ridiculous but TNT aren't smart enough to find real cheaters. What's annoying me is how, even though their system is so flawed, they still freeze accounts here and there.

'' My guess would be that TNT probably saw that a new account won a trophy with the same IP address of a user that they just banned for "cheating." ''

Well, aren't they supposed to have proof that a cheating had happen? They can't just ban me for creating another account and getting my scores back? They say ''Feel free to create another account'' That's what I did. Yet they still banned me again after getting around 830 on advert attack. They couldn't have banned me for having a ridiculous score since it's just enough for bronze, so they most have detected something on my computer, even though that's impossible. Or it's just a mistake. But doing a mistake twice? Something is going on. The guy that scored 990 isn't even banned, and anybody that played that game will know he cheated.

I have gotten gold on frumball, getting around 2500 points. A guy come out from nowhere and gets 5800! More than twice the score of the best players? I actually messaged the guy to ask how he did it in a sarcastic way. He took it seriously though, or he was just playing it, even though that would surprise me considering what he told me.

He told me it only was his second time playing frumball and that the first time, he only got 160 points....are you kidding me?

He said he got lucky because he got the thingy that gives 3 lifes... Past a certain point the ball becomes so fast you just can't keep up, even if you have 3 lifes, you will lose them in a single round. This game ain't about luck. If you don't have the skills, you won't get a high score, you do have to practice a bit. You can't just be ''lucky'' at frumball. Yes, you can have the enlarge thingy, or even be very lucky and get the 1k points ball. It's like advert attack. I started with 820, slowly got to 830, and my highest ever score was 843 and 847, giving me the silver I wanted. I had to play several times and to actually warm up a bit.

The guy didn't even understand the game frumball. The ''tips'' he gave me wouldn't be what I would actually give as a real frumball champion, no arrogance intended.

He said, try to get the slow thingy. Such a wonderful tip, would never have though of that. He kept on going he couldn't believe it himself. He don't even know the letter. It's useless telling somebody '' Get the slow thingy'' because you still need to recognize the letter. You might think the letter for slow is S? But no, S shrinks your bat. Nice job brother, you just made my bat shrink. L actually slows the ball. That guy cheated and got away with this, TNT is a joke. You know what else he said to me? At 5400 points I was getting bored so I just lost on purpose eventually. No, you got bored because you cheated. Anybody that gets such a high score in a legit way will try to get as much as he actually can, and it only get more intense, how were you bored by it?

Somebody can get 5800 points, since it's a skill based game, maybe he just got speedy god hands. Some people are actually VERY good at particular games. But the explanation he gave me kinda confirmed what I though.

What I would have said if somebody asked me tips for frumball? Do not pick up bonuses unless you are 100% sure you recognized the right letter and the effect because on a few of them it isn't clear at all. Avoid S, P, C, Q ball like the plague, you don't even need to know their effect, it's bad. Grab X, because it gives you an extra life. Try to avoid W also because it makes you jump to the next level, without giving you points for the remaining balls, so you lose a lot on potential points, and it just gets harder later on. Also, type ''frumball'' between a round because it gives you an extra life for free, and it's not considered cheating. You can only do it one time. Also, do not pick up a bonus unless you can do it safely. Picking E, enlarge, is very nice and probably the effect that I prefer, on a few rounds it saved me. But again, don't grab it if the ball is coming back too fast.

I don't like grabbing the glue effect on the early levels, but later on, yes. Since the ball gets faster and faster the more it hits things, getting the glue allows you to control where you send your ball, which keep it relatively slow because it doesn't hit as many walls.

Maybe I forgot a few things, but that's the general tips that I would give to somebody. I would also say to go on jellyneo for guides. It helped me a lot of a few games, mostly frumball because I knew which effect to avoid, and which effect to go for, and I learned the code for the extra life.

As far as I know, TNT has never said much about how they catch cheaters. There are some rumors that float around, but I don't think there is any truth to a lot of them. One of the things we do know is that the system is at least partially automated, so it is possible that an actual human might have had nothing to do with either of your bans. Unfortunately, TNT can pretty much ban someone for whatever reason they want, but it is also possible that once you talk to an actual member of TNT that they will see things your way.

Hopefully, someone will report that user to TNT. While it is possible that they are innocent, the smart cheaters know to play dumb if it seems like anyone is accusing them.

Wow I didn't know it was possible that happens :/ I'm starting to get a little afraid of TNT. It's really sad to see all dedication go away. Try to insist with them till they reply you, I guess.

You definitely want to keep in contact with TNT, but you don't want any of your anger or annoyance to show. Don't try and speculate about what happened. You just want to focus on what your account means to you, how much work you put into it, and the things you like about Neopets. I would tell them about all the work you did to become good at games and win trophies. We're here to vent to, but you don't want to send any of it to TNT.

If you say you weren't cheating, then there's no harm in sending them a ticket. Be sure to provide full disclosure as well as every detail you can remember about your account. They have to make sure they're returning the account to the right person (because they will reset the account's password and send it to you via email) - they're not likely to unfreeze for someone they're not sure is the account's owner. I've been frozen once "for cheating" as well - I sent them a ticket explaining that I hadn't done anything to break the rules, as well as provide them concrete proof that I was the account's owner. Eventually I got my account back unscathed :) TNT isn't completely unreasonable, it may have just been a mistake.

It sounds like you know what you're doing and you play legitimately, but it looks like TNT doesn't see it that way. My guess is that they think you are using a score sender especially if you're racking up trophies too fast. I've been frozen for too many trophies before.