So....TNT replied to my ticket after almost a year!

Finn the Human

Jeeze a year later? That's insane. Why was your account silenced in the first place? Not sure how some of these things happen.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they do unsilence your account.

Jeeze a year later? That's insane. Why was your account silenced in the first place? Not sure how some of these things happen.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they do unsilence your account.

I told someone who was bothering my team in the altador cup to stop acting like a 10 year old :P

I told someone who was bothering my team in the altador cup to stop acting like a 10 year old :P

Wow, TNT need to loosen up a bit. :( That doesn't seem to be worth a permanent silence, good grief. Plus everyone gets a little competitive around the AC, it's an obvious thing. I'm sorry they took so long to reply to you, that's just...ugh. A year?! I don't think I'd want to come back after a few months let alone a year.

Wow, TNT need to loosen up a bit. :( That doesn't seem to be worth a permanent silence, good grief. Plus everyone gets a little competitive around the AC, it's an obvious thing. I'm sorry they took so long to reply to you, that's just...ugh. A year?! I don't think I'd want to come back after a few months let alone a year.

TNT is dropping people on the site like flies. They are freezing good restockers and everything as well. Only "protection" from icing is premium.

You're wrong on that one. Handing them money doesn't prevent freezing. I've had to have PayPal intervene to get my money back after I bought premium on a Friday and was frozen by Tuesday.

Having premium and or NC helps a lot. You have to be really on their bad side to get frozen with both or lots of reports. A lot of users who are known to buy from shells with premium are not frozen.

I have a friend with premium and NC whose very old account was recently frozen; she was being harassed by a fellow premium member on the charter boards, and when she reported the other user, nothing happened to them; she asked them to leave her alone, was apparently reported, and was perma-silenced on her main. I'm not sure of the exact circumstances through which she got frozen, but I assume it was related (she's very much a by-the-books type of player, and I'm sure she didn't cheat). She's playing with a side now, and she's not even trying to get her main back. At first, she was so upset she wasn't going to play any more at all, but she's enjoying the challenge of building from scratch again (but with more knowledge and experience), without feeling like she has to do all the Neopian things. And she's not spending any real money on the site anymore.

Finally, a voice of reason! Thank you, Siniri!

Also, in case my submission to the Neopian and JellyNeo editorials never make it...

There is a rumor I've been seeing for a while that having purchased premium and/or NC functions as "protection" from being frozen. The last person I heard it from said that purchases are such good protection that TNT would have to be really mad at someone or have received a lot of reports to freeze them.

I think that's patently untrue. For purchases to "protect" someone, that would be akin to bribery, and I seriously doubt that flies on a site that is so protective of its family nature. PLEASE tell your loyal reading public that that theory is full of weewoo poo!

If you (and I mean "you all"...no user in particular) think TNT is such a greedy company as to take bribes (which it clearly does not), then that implies that Nickelodeon is therefore corrupt and so is MTV, since it owns Nick and Nick owns Neopets.

Despite what others might argue otherwise, MTV does not last thirty-odd years by being corrupt. Too many scams, bribes and blackmails would've eaten the company from the inside and it would've collapsed long before now.

Having premium and or NC helps a lot. You have to be really on their bad side to get frozen with both or lots of reports. A lot of users who are known to buy from shells with premium are not frozen.

What does "buy from shells" mean? I assume it's some kind of cheating but I've never heard this expression.

I don't know about buying from shells, just buying/creating shell accounts to hide or source your "illegal" activities.

There are sites out there that sell mains, shells and other items. (The difference between the first two is that the mains often come stocked with special pets and/or items and are usually pretty well aged.) On one hand, buying items is illegal. On the other, it's a way to make a quick million (or several, if you're buying something like a meowclops) and fund your activities. (Painting, training and clothes come to mind.)