What's your favorite way to be healthy?

blondeeakajamie

Lately, I've been loving eating healthy meals and snacks! My church is doing a series about becoming fit mentally, physically, and spiritually, so my goal has been to eat healthy (I was literally eating oreos for breakfast around Christmastime). And I have to say, I absolutely love it! :) I make smoothies for breakfast, make juices with chia seeds, eat A LOT of chicken, and found this fabulous recipe for pancakes with only 2 ingredients! :) what do you like to stay healthy? If it's food, what do you like eating? If it's working out, what kind of working out do you like to do? (:

Ahh the pancakes made of egg and banana? Aren't they great as far as healthy food goes? I try to eat healthy myself - and include a lot of veggies. It's SO HARD when all your boyfriend likes to eat is Chick-Fil-A!! I definitely try to stay away from processed foods and gluten as much as I can. Pinterest has loads of recipes too that I've been trying.

Ahh the pancakes made of egg and banana? Aren't they great as far as healthy food goes? I try to eat healthy myself - and include a lot of veggies. It's SO HARD when all your boyfriend likes to eat is Chick-Fil-A!! I definitely try to stay away from processed foods and gluten as much as I can. Pinterest has loads of recipes too that I've been trying.

Yep, those are the ones! They were delicious! :) I'm eating a diet VERY loosely based off of the paleo diet. I love pinterest for finding recipes! There's tons!

I try as much as possible to live a healthy life for my daughter. Children learn good eating habits from seeing parents make smart decisions. Sure we go out for fast food when we go shopping, but we always balance it out with a healthy snack and meal. In some ways my 2.5 year old daughter is more of a healthy eater then I am. She absolutely loves fruit, whereas I hardly ever touch fruit. I prefer my vegetables, and here she eats both. :)

There's even been a couple of times where she's wanted a snack and has picked a cheese snack over other unhealthy options I gave her. I can't remember exactly what I offered her, but she did request a healthy snack of cheese.

In the summer time we go out in the yard and play with our puppy as much as we can and also go for frequent walks around town. Now that it's winter and cold out, our outings are rather limited.

I find that after a while eating whole healthy foods, I can't stand things like Oreos any more. I, however, try to not call what I eat healthy. I eat a lot of things, I don't shy away from fat. I don't eat a lot in terms of quantity and I eat a very varied diet, mostly because I love cooking. One of my favourite things are broccoli or cauliflower sauted in pan with olive oil until slightly softened, then turn off the heat and squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Serve over basmati or brown rice.

I also work out. I've done quite a few different things, right now I am at the point where I just move in whatever way I feel like. I love pilates, zumba, weight training, HIIT, you name it, really. Kettlebells for life!

As somebody else mentioned, sleep is also important. I am not dependant on any substances, like coffee or alcohol. I eat whatever I feel like and exercise caution only when my body asks for it. It's all about being in tune with yourself.

I've tried the pancakes too! Maybe I'm not very good in the kitchen...mine didn't turn out so great. :sad01_anim:

As for living healthy, I just try my best to sleep and wake up at reasonable times. Neopets used to keep me up late into the night! It's the best time to restock, I tell you.

Oh no, what a bummer. What was wrong with them? :(

I also eat very varied diet. I eat whatever I want whenever I want, but I usually don't snack too much. I start with breakfast. That can be cereals, or bread, or crackers or something you could compare with oatmeal. In summer I'll often have a breakfast with smoothies. The good thing is that I can tell when my body needs something. When the weather is bad, I'll just feel like eating more fruits and veggies. Not because I think I should but just because my body tells me in some way, I'll just crave for them. I also need some fats, so I'll never eat light or sugar free stuff. I have a tendency to go underweight. And I prefer natural products. If I ever get a garden, I will grow some fruits and veggies myself. :)

Because of my work I don't have a fixed pattern of sleep, but I always make sure to get plenty of it. 9 hours of sleep isn't strange for me. On the other hand, I love to do some sports. I'm combining it with work at the moment. I go by bike to work, it's 8.4km. So that's almost 17km a day. And at work I need to run around a lot and have plenty of stairs to go up and down.

I also like to get plenty of sunlight, but in summer it's hard since I get sunburn very easily. Protection against the UV rays is another thing I really think about. I don't go to tanning salons or anything. I just like myself the way I am. BTW, accepting yourself is very important for your mental health. :P

BTW, accepting yourself is very important for your mental health. :P
---
i definitely agree with that! Everybody's body type is different and it makes me so sad when people get down on themselves because of things like that, especially if they take good care of themselves.

Well they tasted alright, but I couldn't flip them! They kept breaking on me. :sad01_anim:

That happened to me too! I found that I had to cook them a bit longer on the first side so that they wouldn't do that. Maybe you should try that; it didn't burn mine or anything, since I turned my heat down pretty low. :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I have cut out refined carbs and gluten from my diet recently. I have had a bunch of annoying symptoms for the last 2 years and I talked with my family (30+ people in my extended family) and it turns out a lot of us have the same issue. So I am slowly getting better from that and losing weight which is nice.

I also just started p90x3 so I can get into shape a little better. It is weird how much your body changes when you get your first desk job if you were super active before.