Can I trust buying used games and used consoles off of Amazon?

Naamah D.

On Sunday I will be buying a used PS2 and a used Game Boy Advance game. I went through loads of sellers and the sellers that I am buying the PS2 and game from both have a rating of 100% positive feedback, but I'm still paranoid. Has anyone ever bought a used video game console from Amazon?

I haven't ever bought a game console but I buy used stuff a lot on amazon, and I've never had any troubles. Just make sure that the seller has as close to 100% feedback as possible and you should be fine.

Yes, there are hundreds of people, possibly thousands, who buy their video game consoles second-hand off Amazon and other such sites. I'm not one of them, but I've never heard any serious repercussions from anyone who has. Like Noog said, just make sure the seller has 100% or near 100% positive feedback and all should go well.

I would choose Amazon's used goods over eBay's used electronics, any day. I've had a pretty spotty record with eBay and electronics, but Amazon...depending on what it is, average Janes like me (who has sold with Amazon for more years than I can remember) cannot resell them.

The last five big items I've sold were my Galaxy S4, my Blackberry Bold (from 2010), my graphing calculator, my DSM-V and my Galaxy Tab 2. I didn't even bother to try my phones with Amazon, because I knew they wouldn't let me. (I don't know if it's different if you're one of their premium members...but even so, you may have to go through a verification process.) Graphing calculator was okay, DSM-V was fine (I don't know if I've ever had a book I wasn't allowed to sell, except for new releases--and those you just have to wait a month or so on), but my tablet? Nope. No place for me to even try to list it. I had to take that to eBay, too.

I hope that helps your decision-making process. As a long-time Amazon seller, I'd vouch for them every time. In fact, if I could avoid selling stuff on eBay completely, I would.

I refuse to admit to how many used consoles I've bought, but I have never had a problem when I looked for a seller with 100% positive feedback and a large amount of feedback. You also want to be careful when reading the condition of the items. This has mostly only ever happened to me with books, but when buying consoles you want to make sure that they specifically mention if it has been tested and their isn't any weird phrasing that makes it seem like they might be hiding something.

Controllers, on the other hand, are another story. I've gotten a disturbing number of weirdly slimy ones for the PS1.

This reminds me that I need to test my latest PS2 to see if the cleaning saved it, or I'm going to need to be checking Amazon. :sad02: