Space Faerie vs My Pet: help please?

Ohai! I've recently been given a Virtual Code by a very kind Neopian and thus finally managed to unlock the Space Faerie as an opponent. To an avvie collector like me, that's crucial! :P

Then I went to battle her and, to my surprise, she was much thougher than I had expected. I was pretty sure my Battle Pet could defeat her, but I've already tried many times, on Easy, and failed :(

So I figured: can you BD experts help me with tips? How should I improve my Battle Set and also how much more should I train her?

Here she is, and her set:

yiw2.png

Thanks in advance! :)

ps: I'm already training her to reach the 300 boosts for Defence and Attack!

another ps: unfortunately I have a tight budget of 1 million, so if we could keep things below that...

Edited by leverhelven

I'm no expert at the BD, but I did look at this guide for some info.

It looks like the Space Faerie does a lot of light and fire damage, so your Leaf Shield won't be of much use. I would replace it with an Expert Lens instead (50% light reflector). That way you can block and attack at the same time.

Also, since your budget is low, I would buy some cheap single-use 15-icon muffins, like the Water Muffin. Then you could use two muffins + Lens Flare in your first turn and you will be able to do 195 damage in the first turn with a 300 attack boost.

I wish I could give you more advice, but I have a lab rat and my strategy in the BD is quite different, so maybe someone else with a balanced pet can give you more insight.

Good advice JCPet!

Luckily, I don't think your Cybunny has a weakness to Fire like my Peophin did. That should help, maybe a little. lol

I had to look back to see if I kept a post-victory screenshot of my victory over the Space Faerie. I did all the avatar and DoN opponents just before the old BD went down. (Just in case) ;)

My Peophin's Max HP at the time, was at 335hp. Strongest weapons were Ylanas Blaster and Altador Cup Throwing Star. I know this because I took a screenshot of the info on the last round. lol Unfortunately, I don't know what my other stats and level were at at that time. But I usually keep my stats balanced, including HP, to about double my level. So I'd guess that your pet should have a shot at the Space Faerie.

JCPet is right about suggesting a reflector like the Expert Lens. Dual Battle Mirror would be the same effectiveness, but the Dual Battle Mirror can break forever. Whereas the Expert Lens shows no signs of breaking.

Flaming Oven Gloves would be an decent blocker, especially since they're so cheap. XD Do you have Lens Flare? So you can freeze her on one of the turns you attack? A Lens Flare would be an appropriate time (while also using your strongest weapon) to use a freezer to ice her down for another turn. I don't see a freezer in your equipment. You may want to consider getting one. Scroll of Freezing (100% freeze), is VERY fragile, but it's come down to around 50k. However, if you can aim your budget a little higher. You may go for the Randomly Firing Freeze Ray. It's true that the RFFR is only a 50% chance at freezing, however. It's come down from what I last saw it as, at about 500k, Down to 250k on the Trading Post.

Since your pet is a bit under powered, I definitely recommend you look at reflectors to help protect you, and use her own fire and light against her. ;)

Oh silly me, I almost didn't give you fire reflector!

Shield of Reflection is VERY fragile, but reflects 75% of Light, and 25% of Fire. Price on the Shop wiz averages around 8k.

Turbo Flame Reflector is ALSO quite fragile, but it reflects 50% of Fire. Price on the Shop Wiz is about 900np-1200np.
I'm not 100% if you can equip both at the same time. It's been awhile since I did any reflection battling. lol I HAVE used both of these reflectors, I just don't recall if it was at the same battle or not. LOL

Anyway, best of luck!

I was thinking of suggesting a freezer as well, but wasn't sure it was worth it or not. The Randomly Firing Freeze Ray used to be really good in the old BD because you could withdraw if you didn't end up freezing your opponent, but you can't do that in the new BD. However, a freezer could be a useful addition to your set for ~250k if you're willing to buy it.

For important one time battles like these, the Scroll of Freezing would have been a good idea, but the problem with the Space Faerie is that she has the Jade Scorchstone. So if she ends up using it and you are unable to beat her because of that, and it so happens that your Scroll of Freezing breaks (because it's fragile), you basically lose out on 50k. Of course, this may not actually happen, but from what I hear, the Scroll of Freezing breaks pretty quickly.

I think it really depends on how far off you were from defeating her. If you were close, the Scroll of Freezing may do the trick for you. If you were pretty far off, the RFFR might be a better investment.

Wow, guys! You're AWESOME! Those are some grade-A tips!!! I'm going to follow through as much as possible. I'm considering buying the Randomly Fire Freeze Ray and also work on reflectors (I had never thought about using those!).

Thank you SO much guys! You'll be the first to know when I defeat her!!! :D

You're very welcome leverhelven! Yep! Reflectors can be a real boon to battling if you're up against a stronger opponent. ;) I did a LOT of budget battling for most of my time on Neopets. Even though my pet is much stronger now than he used to be, I still battle on a budgeted equipment list. XD IF I need some help against an opponent, I look at the 50% reflectors, my old friends. LOL Except Dual Battle Mirror, since Expert Lens is now available. ;) Of course, studying the opponent profiles on TDN's very own Battlepedia helps too. lol

Best of luck against the Space Faerie! She's a tough one, but she can be beaten! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I GOT IT, GUYS!!! Just managed to defeat her!!! I'm so happy!!! Thank you ALL for the help, you rock!!! :happydance: :dance:
The new Battledome doesn't show the "Something has Happened" thingy, so I took a screenie of the neoboard preferences <3

6z8q.png

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.